1. Quattro's rating of the film Searching for Sugar Man

One of the most beautiful, most touching stories I've ever heard. Fell in love with Sixto and his music – bought both of his beautiful albums, and got to see him live in Firenze a few years ago. Really love this one. It was so nice to see it on Mubi, too.

2. paddelboot's rating of the film Searching for Sugar Man

The film could have been about Rodriguez and his life style - and life choices. Instead, it focuses more on the fairy tale aspect of the story.

3. Franziska Zahl's rating of the film Searching for Sugar Man

What a touching and inspiring story!! Loved it. Amazing

4. filosophie's rating of the film Searching for Sugar Man

What an amazing story about a musician and a human being who deserves nothing less than admiration. As far as documentaries go, this is wonderfully done. I, who had never heard of Rodriguez, was being kept intrigued throughout the movie, depicting Rodriguez' start into music, the lack of recognition, the mystery and legends about him in South Africa, and finally the well deserved moments of fame. Tremendously moving!

5. Joana China's rating of the film Searching for Sugar Man

6. Fabian's rating of the film Searching for Sugar Man

De los mejores documentales que he visto. La vida de Rodriguez, el uso de su música, los paisajes de Sudáfrica. Obligatorio de ver.

7. Bilouaustria's rating of the film Searching for Sugar Man

Of course the story is great, like a fairy tale. The editing is also fine, with nice images of Detroit, animation and great music. But this systematic way of searching for... emotion is quite tiring. Every scene is explained to us 5 times in order to dramatize every bit possible. Don't know if Sugar Man never received money for his music but you get the feeling that this film crew wants to make money out of him !

8. Alp Yenibalcı's rating of the film Searching for Sugar Man

Unbeliveable story of a mysterious musician, happy that I found Sugar Man.

9. Federico D'Accinni's rating of the film Searching for Sugar Man

This was one of the most touching and emotional documentaries I have ever seen. Sixto Rodriguez's story is an amazing one and it proves that music can have an incredible power on human beings. Rather than a standard biopic, 'Searching for Sugar Man' is an intimate look at how an artist's poetry can find its audience in the most unexpected ways - and despite the fame gained, keep living the simplest life of all.

10. Sara Sousa's rating of the film Searching for Sugar Man

11. superjano's rating of the film Searching for Sugar Man

Me dejó una sensación de alegría que no podía disimular :-)

12. Mariana Basílio's rating of the film Searching for Sugar Man

he's a decent artist but i don't get why this was blown out of decent proportions. nice job with the documentary thing though

13. blyniukas's rating of the film Searching for Sugar Man

Every time I watch it, it reminds me that Malik Bendjelloul killed himself two years after making his first and his last feature film, which won him an Oscar. Breaks my heart to pieces.. This film has a unique story and a unique atmosphere, half of it shot on a smartphone for the lack of financing.. Beautiful, heart-felt work of a very talented person.

14. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Searching for Sugar Man

Although it is a standard film in style, the subject matter is very valuable. I am very pleased to have the chance to know Rodriguez. What a humble and wise person! I'll also definitely listen to his albums!!

15. Joana Alvadia's rating of the film Searching for Sugar Man

16. esen özen's rating of the film Searching for Sugar Man

Başarılı bir keşif, bir iz sürme hikayesi... Bu filme dair beni benden alan ise Rodriguez karakterini anlatma biçimi, çok saygı duydum, çok sevdim bu yüce karakteri...

17. Cristiana C's rating of the film Searching for Sugar Man

18. Jim Fear's rating of the film Searching for Sugar Man

Never heard of him before, a true tribute to an artist. More documentaries like this should be made.

19. HAD!L's rating of the film Searching for Sugar Man

good story, not so good movie.

20. Chivonne Astridge's rating of the film Searching for Sugar Man

Really interesting and heart warming story of a musician who didnt realise he was famous.

21. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Searching for Sugar Man

Falls du den Film noch nicht gesehen hast, hol das heute nach am Sonntag! Du hast es dir verdient, genauso wie ich, solch eine wundervolle Geschichte zu erleben!(...) die ganze Rezension sowie die für uns interessantesten Musik Dokus auf der Webpage unserer Videothek cinegeek.de

22. maría f guerrero's rating of the film Searching for Sugar Man

I love me some good god damn documentaries.

23. lepetitjermey's rating of the film Searching for Sugar Man