1. Chearth's rating of the film Sebastiane

2. Nuno Ramalho's rating of the film Sebastiane

amazing cinematography. not a single frame was wasted.

3. Balthaz21's rating of the film Sebastiane

4. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Sebastiane

5. Mx Nihil's rating of the film Sebastiane

I wish there were more to it than homoerotic imagery.

6. corycorycorycory's rating of the film Sebastiane

A very good watch. They made something great with that they were working with. It also has a very large DPM ratio, if you're into that kind of thing.

7. Jeff Heinzl's rating of the film Sebastiane

the love of Christ and the glowing centurion cock make for handsome work baptism bathhouse pure and balletic broken in the burning sand

8. 5000yearoldbogmummy//Rhett's rating of the film Sebastiane

A transgressive retelling of the story of St. Sebastian. The movie's great strength is its impeccable sense for movement and motion. An interesting vision of Christ contra Rome. Kudos for being all in Latin!! Recommended for spiritually-conflicted Bataille scholars (a bit redundant...) and folk who resonated with that belle&sebastian (huh!) line "she was into S&M and Bible study/not everyone's cup of tea"

9. Soulo_Guero's rating of the film Sebastiane

Probably the best homoerotic film I can think of...one that portrays its lusts. It begins with an over-the-top symbolic dance routine that tests you, and if you can make it past that then the homosexuality comes off as beyond normal and beautiful.

10. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Sebastiane

Ignore my rating. I could only get 12 minutes into when the silliness became too much. The camera really wanted to concentrate on Sebastiane's cock, but couldn't quite do it.

11. David Danforth's rating of the film Sebastiane

I would really like to say something good about this film, alas I can't think of what that might be. It is cobbled together, the sex scenes are tedious, and it fails to convey any sense of religious passion. My advice: Move on.

12. John Matrix's rating of the film Sebastiane

Jarman's feature debut is gorgeous & fascinating. Main man Sebastiane's sexual obsession with his God links gay love with religious devotion in a way that will make conservative Christians uncomfortable. Jarman also finds time to comment on the dangers of a fixation with beauty & to parody heterosexual culture. On a more shallow note, there's plenty of eye candy for someone attracted to men. Overall, great film.

13. Myles's rating of the film Sebastiane

Disappointing flesh-fest on the outskirts of the Roman Empire. Jarman composes shots resembling stripped Old Master paintings, but that's not enough, even for gay erotica, which seems to be this pretty but ponderous work's only function. If confronted with the choice of homoerotic romps through the Classical Mediterranean, make sure to opt instead for Fellini Satyricon.

14. Rafael Zen's rating of the film Sebastiane

Sebastiane is a fetish festival: sand and sweat - check; water and golden bodies - check; slow motion body madness - check; lust and love - check; muscles and fur - check. To me, it's an exercise of the male figure - and it's beautiful! But some things are lacking... a lot is lacking to consider this a masterpiece. I really enjoyed some scenes and the colors of this, though.

15. clubsilecio666's rating of the film Sebastiane

16. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Sebastiane

Interesante tratamiento partiendo de un acontecimiento histórico. Lo malo de "Sebastian" es que depende mucho de la contemplación homoerótica, apartando de cualquier forma los otros factores fílmicos como la misma trama que tranquilamente se reduce en una línea.

17. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Sebastiane

3.5 Not for everyone, clearly. It was so bold for the time it was made. Some of the visuals are so beautiful it hurts.

18. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film Sebastiane

19. Sencer Gülün's rating of the film Sebastiane

20. narcekirdegi's rating of the film Sebastiane

ı dont know if i am sooo obsessive about pronaunciation but "gn" hasnt been sound as "ñ", which disturbs sooo much. not fault of mubi but it d be responsible of mis-subtitling.. i just watched 20 mins of the film, couldnt contineu just 'cause of mubi lets say.. d watch it in mute, u know :)

21. Mehmet Ali Karar's rating of the film Sebastiane

sebastiane'in dramı, sabırı ve içtenliği. film fazlasıyla durağan geçiyor, olay örgüsü bakımından merak uyandırsa bile, kurgu bakımından çok ağır işleyen yapım.

22. Tutu888's rating of the film Sebastiane

Homosexual erotica camp disguised as art. Not exactly my cup of tea.

23. mpho3's rating of the film Sebastiane

"Jarman turns the camera, which has always had a thing for erotically shooting female actors, on the male form, giving us moving looks at Sebastiane as he was seen by the man who ultimately called for his death.... Inherently a film about longing, both of the body and of the spirit...." - Joshua Brunsting, Criterioncast.com

24. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Sebastiane

Only could an eroticism master like Jarman portray an erotic masterpiece of a tale like Sebastiane's.