1. FISCHER's rating of the film Secret Agent

Un romancier britannique, Richard Ashenden, accompagné d'un tueur professionnel et d'une apprentie espionne, sont envoyés en Suisse, pour liquider un agent secret allemand ..... On a vu mieux ! www.cinefiches.com

2. cyrildruesne's rating of the film Secret Agent

Un film où Peter Lorre s'exprime en anglais comme Slavoj Žižek.

3. captainfez's rating of the film Secret Agent

Peter Lorre is delightfully awful.

4. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Secret Agent

80 years old and still going strong. HITCHCOCK's cinema remains young, alert & pleasant, with an great sense of storytelling. Despite LORRE, who's really not my favourite. --- Ses 80 balais ne changent rien à l'affaire, le cinéma d'HITCHCOCK reste jeune, preste, alerte, au récit enlevé. Seul bémol LORRE joue mal son rôle de faire-valoir qu'il a pourtant tenu jusqu'avant sa mort en 64 (The Raven, Roger CORMAN 1963).

5. cabecassis's rating of the film Secret Agent

pas le meilleur, un joli moment sans grande prétention

6. STEPHAN's rating of the film Secret Agent

Peter Lorre is great in this movie. The very ending is quite disappointing, though - we were expecting more.

7. azoulay's rating of the film Secret Agent

le scénario s'étire sans fin, prévisible, sans surprise. Peter Lorre gesticule pour manger de l'espace dans les plans comme un triste pantin seule la très belle et moderne madeleine Carroll produit un peu d'imaginaire chez le spectateur resté à la porte du film. Même Hitchcock fait des navets

8. darth_david@msn.com's rating of the film Secret Agent

Hitchcock es Hitchcock, pero ésta no es su mejor película.

9. Histioteuthis's rating of the film Secret Agent

There are fun moments and maybe I just watched it after others I liked a lot more but it's just sort of so-so

10. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film Secret Agent

Peter Lorre shines while Gielgud looks totally ill at ease, compromising the credibility of the central romance. That's not to say that there isn't plenty to like here in the unsettling blend of comedy and intrigue. Above all, Hitchcock's use of sound is extraordinary, never more so than in the factory chase - worth it for that scene alone.

11. 'king Harold's rating of the film Secret Agent

12. Superfrog's rating of the film Secret Agent

13. Andrew Morris's rating of the film Secret Agent

Absolutely terrible. Made in 1936? I thought they made proper films by then. Garbage.

14. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Secret Agent

Distant, as if the space between me and the screen was clouded or perhaps even crowded.

15. Rachel's rating of the film Secret Agent

I really didn't get on with this at all. Dated, sexist, racist characters, and to top it off, for some reason I thought it would be a cinematic take on Joseph Conrad, so there's disappointment to boot. Ah well!

16. raggiodisole's rating of the film Secret Agent

RP inflected derring do in the apparently scenic surroundings of Switzerland. this interests us not, however, it's the human intrigue that grabs us. That and a trip to Turkey on the train. Thrill enough.

17. missingsnowman's rating of the film Secret Agent

Simply wonderful. Full of not too subtle innuendo proving life was not lived in black & white. A young Gielgud and flirtatious Madeleine Carroll but it is Peter Lorre who steals the limelight with some marvellous gestures few of which are easy to miss despite what some call overacting. This film awed me with its freshness and casts a long shadow over contemporary hollywood fare. 10/10

18. Mike Baker's rating of the film Secret Agent

Fine enough, but Gielgud is completely miscast.

19. Victoria's rating of the film Secret Agent

Characters aren't very interesting, and even in one case downright annoying. (I know it's from another time, but why does it always have to be the foreigner who's sleezy and barbaric?) The plot isn't particularly exciting either. Some pretty shots, but overall not a good film that's gotten worse with age. I enjoyed "Sabotage" a lot more.

20. Tja's rating of the film Secret Agent

Not as weirdly dated as Sabotage, but prepare yourself for this Famous Three Go Spying approach to the 'thriller' genre. Love the denouement when Peter Laurie, doing a nice monochrome impersonation of Ronald McDonald with an earring, virtually hands his pistol to the bad guy who sensibly shoots PL with it. Not a great one for women's lib. either. Ah, those were the days ...

21. Steve G.'s rating of the film Secret Agent

Fun little early Hitchcock with its highlight being an hilarious Peter Lorre tantrum. A couple of nice twists but nothing too taxing or teasing.

22. Batraptor's rating of the film Secret Agent

A funny, suspenseful film. While it suffers from the use of era-approriate tropes (I'm talking about the female character, here. You know I am), the plot and dialogue make up for it. Very entertaining.

23. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film Secret Agent

Peter Lorre as „The General“ is very annoying & the movie itself isn't so catchy.

24. Samuel Righi's rating of the film Secret Agent