1. Naoya Kugimiya's rating of the film Secret Sunshine

2. diiiiogorocha's rating of the film Secret Sunshine

I've been thinking a lot about death lately, not mine but the death of family members and friends. I really loved the movie, especially Jeon Do-yeon, she's great!

3. ijgamboa's rating of the film Secret Sunshine

Buena, buen ritmo, bien pensada, bien hecha.

4. QNorris9001's rating of the film Secret Sunshine

There's so many things going on in the span of two hours and it's handled so beautifully.

5. NCMBianchi's rating of the film Secret Sunshine

[More like 3.5] Very interesting main characters, and the questions asked by Lee Chang-dong (e.g. regarding pain, the role or religion, and what might drive people to do good or evil...) are challenging.

6. chris's rating of the film Secret Sunshine

7. Northwest Guy's rating of the film Secret Sunshine

Certainly, Jeon Do-yeon deserves all the kudos and praise she's received for this performance, but the (ubiquitous) Song Kang Ho is brilliant, continuing a long line of successes; he is as great an actor as is working today. This is an exceptional film about a topic most directors should avoid. But Chang-dong, sans melodrama or preaching, intelligently explores death and grieving, masterfully.

8. Jeff's rating of the film Secret Sunshine

I can’t believe no one thought to have a person find religion, only to have the person who wronged them find it first. Great idea. Cool movie.

9. Alexzander Reichley's rating of the film Secret Sunshine

An unimaginable ordeal for a person to go through, this film does a really good job of displaying the pain, fear, and depression a tragedy can unleash. I found interesting the incorporation of Christianity and the role religion can have in the grief process.

10. Ben's rating of the film Secret Sunshine

Fantastic lead performance. An unpredictable and very emotional experience. I saw this 5 or 6 years ago and remember it well. Looking forward to re-watching.

11. Timbo of Boston's rating of the film Secret Sunshine

Lee Chang-dong films are like existential mystery stories. I saw a screening of Burning & read the short story on which it is based - Barn Burning by Murakami. Lee’s stories unfold through subtle details and information without judgment and without irony. You can see how he adds layers to Murakami. Lee demands the commitment and judgment of the audience. Tales unfold quietly into explosive unpredictable endings.

12. Diana Crişan's rating of the film Secret Sunshine

13. Mahsa mohammadi's rating of the film Secret Sunshine

14. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Secret Sunshine

Your hands make me think you're a good person.

15. 丹尼斯's rating of the film Secret Sunshine

16. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Secret Sunshine

17. Aardsy's rating of the film Secret Sunshine

How can the heavens be so cruel?

18. Jenny Coldpussy's rating of the film Secret Sunshine

Chang Dong is so gracious with his characters and themes—he never judges them. Instead of doing another cynical criticism of religion, he gives us a jarring yet compassionate film that focuses on the ordinary non-saint person in the face of tragedy being seduced by the healing power of faith without even contemplating its overwhelming implications. Truly unforgettable.

19. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Secret Sunshine

20. Ayinde Anderson's rating of the film Secret Sunshine

21. Balthaz21's rating of the film Secret Sunshine

22. Luke Smithers's rating of the film Secret Sunshine

a masterful execution of the fine line between belief and delusion. a film that will never leave me.

23. Marjan Mar's rating of the film Secret Sunshine

Painfully heart breaking. The deconstruction of the myth.

24. HSBilly's rating of the film Secret Sunshine

diamonds. the scene where she stunned as the killer said that he too now found god, really diamonds.