1. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Secrets & Lies

Brenda Blethyn gives one of the greatest performances I have ever seen in a film. It probably helps that Mike Leigh — one of our greatest living directors — is so good with his casts.

2. dordairobert's rating of the film Secrets & Lies

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Secrets & Lies

Oeuvre émouvante, d'une délicate présence humaine, magnifiquement réalisée et interprétée, revue près d'une vingtaine d'années plus tard, confirmant bien sûr notre premier "diagnostic" mais avec un certain bémol. En effet, quelques scènes trop longues et certains moments dramatiques surjoués, surtout de la part de Brenda Blethyn et de Claire Rushbrook, tempèrent légèrement l'enthousiasme initial. www.cinefiches.com

4. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film Secrets & Lies

An unflinching portrait of human relations and malaise in society. It talks about regrets, family and obviously, secrets and lies. I love that there is a comedic undertone. The theme of the mask that each one puts on their face when in society is well illustrated in the photo shoots montages. This film is extremely well cast. Especially Brenda Blethyn and Timothy Spall. A masterpiece that deserves its Palme d'Or.

5. Myles's rating of the film Secrets & Lies

"Sweeeeeeetheart!" I <3 Mike Leigh. This whole movie is like a delicious session of eavesdropping.

6. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Secrets & Lies

7. ginobartolomi's rating of the film Secrets & Lies

Such a beautiful film! It's a story about the most dysfunctional family you could ever imagine, each of them going about their days bottling up all the sadness and anger, keeping the truth from each other. The 'secrets & lies' that have torn them apart for so long are what bring them together in the end. Superbly acted, Blethyn and Spall deliver especially raw performances. You just can't help getting sucked in.

8. Eka Vakri Riski's rating of the film Secrets & Lies

"So where's the bolt of lightning? Secrets and lies! We're all in pain! Why can't we share our pain?"

9. Jim Fear's rating of the film Secrets & Lies

10. Kk Soft Boss's rating of the film Secrets & Lies

11. Marcelo Fornari's rating of the film Secrets & Lies

Honest, riveting and brilliantly acted drama. A British classic.

12. TomMackAplin's rating of the film Secrets & Lies

Got me gutting, so that's a plus.

13. ammar's rating of the film Secrets & Lies

14. keremebrulee's rating of the film Secrets & Lies

15. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Secrets & Lies

16. João Rocha's rating of the film Secrets & Lies

A great drama, but with a poor ending

17. Erik F.'s rating of the film Secrets & Lies

Prepare to be emotionally floored.

18. ebabehh's rating of the film Secrets & Lies

"To Ache is human — not polite —." People need people.

19. Muraki's rating of the film Secrets & Lies

A british classic. Mike leigh again with his house drama scenarios & dialogues

20. DanOffen's rating of the film Secrets & Lies

Some of the most powerful acting in cinema.

21. cidemhan's rating of the film Secrets & Lies

22. A47's rating of the film Secrets & Lies

23. Nathan Grey Hollis's rating of the film Secrets & Lies

What a wonderfully woven tale.

24. Chilton's rating of the film Secrets & Lies

Masterpiece, brilliant acting, intense crying. Straight to my top-10.