1. Arthur Freitas's rating of the film Senna

Kapadia's SENNA is a effective, emotional overview of the life, the accomplishments and the influence of Ayrton Senna in Brazilian cultural tumoil, but it is the formulaic approach of using archival footage, to not escape what is told, what was recorded, that can't discuss or complicate the image of the hero that Senna lived and died for. Effective, yes, but not that honest.

2. Chihao Tsang's rating of the film Senna

Great documentary biopic of one of the greatest formula one drivers ever. Originally watched on TV, re watched on Amazon Prime.

3. ionu's rating of the film Senna

4. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Senna

Engrossing, thrilling and tragic documentary with a narrative that plays like a fictional film. The rivalry between Senna and Prost is particularly good. Only using archive footage from the time is inspired. One of the nest British films of the last decade.

5. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film Senna

More engaging than a lot of narrative films.

6. Esoteric's rating of the film Senna

7. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Senna

Thrilling documentary about a captivating man

8. Mugino's rating of the film Senna

I have no interest in the pointless sport. Frankly, a brief montage of car collisions would have been sufficient to convey the drama and perils of racing. While the portrait of Senna is indeed fulsome and remarkably assembled solely from archival footage, the glamor, celebrity and stresses of race car drivers ain't news. The most dramatic scenes were off the race track, in the politically fraught FIA driver meetings.

9. Sơn Nguyễn's rating of the film Senna

Tragic story that (maybe) make you cry.

10. Thomas's rating of the film Senna

Remarkably well researched documentary which goes above and beyond a straightforward sports biopic.

11. ䷀'s rating of the film Senna

Memories from childhood resurfaced as I watched this intense and emotional portrait of Ayrton Senna. The film triggered memories from the past, from days where I ran home after school, turned on our parabola decoder that my parents used to watch iranian tv shows, turned the tv on, and watched in this instance formula 1 on Eurosport. Brilliant, recomended watch.

12. Jeremy Ashlyn's rating of the film Senna

Maybe unthinkable a 'racecar documentary' could be this impressive but here we are

13. Ieva Šukytė's rating of the film Senna

14. Ebru Yörükoğlu's rating of the film Senna

senna was the one. "the end is in the beginning and yet you go on."

15. angelicidea's rating of the film Senna

All the things I did not remember as a child growing up as a Formula 1 fan...that race should not have gone ahead

16. Maicon Portes Gomes's rating of the film Senna

Awesome documentary about a boundless life.

17. film_lies101's rating of the film Senna

3.5 About 15 min or so could be shaved off, but this was very good

18. mpho3's rating of the film Senna

"Audiences don’t need to be familiar with or give a damn about Formula One racing to get drawn into Senna." - A. Willmore, AV Club. I would have liked to know more about what led him to derive his connection with God through racing. Maybe that's an unanswerable question, but it might have been worth delving into. Then again, that would have made it a very different documentary. As is, it's finely crafted.

19. Ricardo Zambujo's rating of the film Senna

20. Marco Spínola's rating of the film Senna

what a great tribute to one of Brazil's greatest athletes

21. rcchewie's rating of the film Senna

Fantastic movie.... riveting.. a must for any motor sport fan of this great legend.

22. Jonas Skardis's rating of the film Senna

I'm so excited to see this. A clip was played tonight on the UK version of Top Gear.

23. Omar Fabricio's rating of the film Senna

Gran dicumental esta chingonsisimo

24. dapose's rating of the film Senna

A documentary worth watching, even for non-sports fans. The compelling story of a compelling individual, with an almost cathartic ending.

← Previous 1 3 4