1. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Senso

2. kartina obskura's rating of the film Senso

i could get over the fact the chemistry was so poor between the leads if this wasn't a film about their love

3. MistaRichard's rating of the film Senso

Wonderous spectacle of light and colour. The romance is great and is expertly balanced with the war subplot. However, it is the lavish colour and the full compositions that steal the show.

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Senso

Superbe fresque historico-mélodramatique (plus de 1380 acteurs, 200 cavaliers, 800 figurants) qui nous raconte avec esthétisme et grandeur, à travers deux personnages livrés à la puissance des sentiments, un épisode douloureux de l'histoire de l'Italie. A voir ou à revoir sans aucune crainte d'un déception... www.cinefiches.com

5. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Senso

6. Tabikenezer von Higglesbloom's rating of the film Senso

This is a good melodrama not the best which is weird because almost every melodrama I've seen and loved with a more dynamic heroine not entirely driven by dick-lust has low ratings while this is considered a classic.. For someone of Visconti's status it could and should be a lot better for how well regarded it is but people go too hard for canonized "serious" directors.

7. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film Senso

I am aware that Senso's chockfull c̶h̶a̶r̶i̶t̶y̶ comment box won't prosper with my two cents in, but I ought to get it off my chest. All the time I watched I tried to imagine how a proponent of adverbial theory would describe the experience of this film which is at times as ornate as a Kunstkabinett, as wrought and minutely chromatic as tropical seabed. How can the sequential, pedantic strictness of adverbalists, who

8. peaches and plums's rating of the film Senso

at minute 97 i was convinced clara had hooves (also, any relation to tinto brass' senso 45?)

9. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Senso

10. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Senso

The pale greenish golden yellow light that coats it in a thick patina and the purple vein where its passion runs through. I do not think that colors could feel more vital.

11. lina maj's rating of the film Senso

12. grotescsetorg's rating of the film Senso

13. Mert Kitapcı's rating of the film Senso

Filmin yayını durdu, sayfayı yenileyince de gösterimden kalktığını gördüm. Teşekkürler Mubi!

14. Esra Yılmaz's rating of the film Senso

I have thing for 19th century movies I have a thing for Visconti I have a different kind of thing for Farley granger so it's impossible for me not to like this movie

15. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Senso

Slaking the Farley Granger appetite whetted by ROPE.... So devastating. I'd give this one five stars just for the way undulating light and shadow (reflecting up off water, penetrating in from windows) bathes the lovers in a mirage the seductiveness of which you feel you could actually touch.

16. anabrduarte's rating of the film Senso

3,5. Farley Granger = sexy bastard. Alida Valli = crazy bitch <3

17. El Biffo's rating of the film Senso

I'm not crazy about the 1954 Technicolor, but this is still a beautiful film by a great master. Not his best, but still 5 stars. The opening scene at the opera is enough to get the viewer hooked immediately (if you love opera).

18. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Senso

Luego de "Bellísima", Visconti cambia de forma radical su cine el cual obtuvo una recepción negativa tanto de la crítica italiana como extranjera al ser punto de inflexión ante el neorrealismo. "Senso" es un melodrama de una sobrecarga emocional que enfrenta al amor con el compromiso social. Son los amantes que traicionan sendos bandos viviendo sus fantasías efímeras. Soberbia puesta artística que otorga teatralidad.

19. Log Lady's rating of the film Senso

Jesus Christ. I love Ludwig, but Visconti is at his worst here. The staginess and stiffness just oozes from the screen, and the direction is lazy. The actors do their best, but it seems like they're not expected to do anything at all but maybe stand and be pretty. Almost like part of the interior design.

20. redux's rating of the film Senso

Intents of grandeur apparent all over, but the lovers seem so uninterested in each other they could just as well chat about shopping for shoes and handbags, it wouldn't make any difference.

21. Mike Archibald's rating of the film Senso

Great script, but Visconti seems more like an interior decorator than a director here--it's as if he expects the costumes and sets to do the expressive work that should be done by montage, camera movement and mise en scene. As technique, it's timid and stagy; what it seems like more than anything else is an example of Truffaut's "tradition of quality." Fun fact: Fellini called it a "fag movie."

22. carlos.filipe.nogueira@gmail.com's rating of the film Senso

23. Graham Duncan Hill's rating of the film Senso

For the most part, this didn't hold my attention. I liked the last half hour but the rest didn't do it for me. I do understand everyone's praise of this film but the acting wasn't memorable, Alida Valli looked too old to take seriously, Farley Granger doesn't exactly remind me of a womanizer, the cinematography hasn't aged well, and the soundtrack was forgettable.

24. Edwin N's rating of the film Senso

Senses of life and sensibilities of the human soul - 'Senso' is a double meditation on vivid nationalism and destructive passion. In both, it exceeds norms by delivering lush dialogging,incredibly melodramatic performances and jaw-dropping visuals.