1. FISCHER's rating of the film September

Certainement un des plus chaleureux films de Woody Allen qui reste un bon moment de sensibilité, d'une acuité et d'une vérité humaine, bouleversantes... www.cinefiches.com

2. Bob's rating of the film September

What could easily end up as a routine storyline, turns out to be a gathering of characters with temper and stringency that breathes life into the story and brings the enjoyment even when they're in their dark places. An atmosphere that echoes "Interiors" and one of the most smooth jazzy scores, makes this one of Woody Allen's underrated works.

3. The Boreal Chorus's rating of the film September

Not nearly as powerful as 'Another Woman,' but flaunting some of the same class restrictions and illusions built into classic Woody Allen, it's quite good if you're inclined to enjoy traditional 19th-century European-influenced plays about the torments of love as it haunts the hopes and pasts of those who have been given a bit too much of a good thing in life, alongside all of its glaring and inevitable regrets.

4. Evan Schafer's rating of the film September

While I can see why this film bombed in the box office, it's for reasons that really should not be the case. It very much is a piece of art if looked at from the right perspective; that is, Allen intended this to be like a stage play on film. Therefore, I can see why many could take it as boring, when it is in fact just subtle. Some of the best monologues I've heard in his work thus far. A glorious picture for sure.

5. hubertguillaud's rating of the film September

September est l'un des films de Woody Allen qui ressemble le plus à une pièce de théâtre. Ses personnages figés, très codifiés, qui semblent rejouer tout le long la même scène, ont vieilli. Même Mia Farrow fini par être insupportable à force de pleurnicher. Le rapport mère/fille semble lui-même faire long feu, malgré l'acmée de sa révélation (qui fait long feu). Non, vraiment September est une grande pièce ratée !

6. Illusion Travels By Streetcar's rating of the film September

"I don't think it's a character I'd aspire to connect to!" http://illusionpodcast.blogspot.com/2015/11/episode-78-serious-films-of-woody-allen.html

7. DimasRimbaud's rating of the film September

as boring as Another Woman but i appreciate it

8. yasdnil's rating of the film September

Another film that is, to me, underrated. I was ugly crying so much. Maybe I'm just an emotional flower who wants to fall in love on a rainy night in a cozy Vermont cabin. Or maybe this film, with its perfect location and wonderful cast and great music and heart wrenching lines, is damn good.

9. mjgildea's rating of the film September

Maybe halfway through watching September I realized why its one of the Woody Allen movies you never hear about. While its a competent movie with a great cast (excellent performance from Mia Farrow and Elaine Stritch stole the show) its just not that engaging and that moment where you want to throw your arms around the movie just never happens. It just feels like a movie adaptation of a kind of dull play.

10. Sofia's rating of the film September

Loved the old lady who liked vodka and jazz. The remain characters were just wallflowers.

11. Patrick Humphreys's rating of the film September

I'm a big Woody fan, but I'm also very critical of his films. I though this was great.

12. SelfImprovementInc's rating of the film September

Not his best. Characters felt flat.

13. Kurt Öhrström's rating of the film September

I love this film! Especially the relationship between Mia Farrows and Elaine Stritchs characters, it reminds me of Autumn Sonata, another film I love about a mother and a daughter.

14. Jaspar Lamar Crabb's rating of the film September

15. ach's rating of the film September

a movie full of melancholy; I remember I've loved it

16. Roscoe's rating of the film September

One of Allen's very very worst films, and that's really saying something. Painful. The cast does its very best, but they can't escape the banality of the dialogue and the essenital whiniess of the characters.