1. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film Seven Beauties

2. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Seven Beauties

(...) Das hier ist ein düsterer, grüblerischer Film. Er stellt die Frage, wozu der Mensch bereit ist. Wie tief kann er sinken? Wie sehr lässt er sich erniedrigen? Trotz seines Gehabes ist Pasqualino kein Mann, sondern ein Wurm. Im Konzentrationslager darf er all diese Eigenschaften zeigen. (...)

3. eugenie de sade's rating of the film Seven Beauties

one of the greatest films of the 70s along with love and anarchy. wertmuller evidently learned a great deal from her work with fellini. in an instant she swings from riotous humor to devastating horror without missing a beat. great soundtrack too. should be part of The Canon but maybe it's better that they haven't got their big meaty claws on Wertmuller yet

4. 5000yearoldbogmummy//Rhett's rating of the film Seven Beauties

An often visually-striking Wertmüller fable about a wily, predatory man whose desperation for continued existence, and absence of values (beyond a brittle sense of honor) leads him to be incorporated into the Fascist Machine and nihilism. A thematic successor to "The Seduction of Mimi," thought it's (understandably!) less light-hearted.

5. Edna Sweetlove's rating of the film Seven Beauties

A great film - I especially loved Shirley Whatsherface from HONEYMOON KILLERS as a fat sadistic Nazi Gauleiterin; her sex scene with 7Bs will get you very excited indeed.

6. Gonçalo Rosas's rating of the film Seven Beauties

8 - I could go on and on about all the times when the humor didn't quite click with me, or when I found the dialogue to be a little bit too on the nose and moralistic to be effectively satirical. And yet, I love this film. It's the perfect example of a piece that is more than the sum of its parts, mostly because said parts are welded together by a harrowing, mind-blowingly fantastic performance by Giancarlo Giannini.

7. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Seven Beauties

This film broke my heart. I cried and cried.

8. Stefano Campagna's rating of the film Seven Beauties

9. waywardwaters's rating of the film Seven Beauties

FASCISM BAD. GOYIM GOOD. holy shit hahahahah

10. Stasya Korotkova's rating of the film Seven Beauties

This is one of the cleverest pieces of critical reflection upon one's country's role in World War II. And I feel that only Italian director has a right for such a harsh and politically incorrect introspective comment. *almost forgot to add "Oh yeah"*

11. Joel's rating of the film Seven Beauties

A rewarding richness of comedy and drama. Great characters and acting, the concept is richer due to the full pallett of emotions.

12. - Caltiki -'s rating of the film Seven Beauties

13. Begonya Plaza's rating of the film Seven Beauties

I love this movie so much! Thanks to my good friend Victor Argo (may he rest in peace) who turned me on to Seven Beauties. Amazing film.

14. Danny Bailey's rating of the film Seven Beauties

Giannini's performance is a true example of playing comedy and drama at the same time. Only great actors are able to pull such a feat off.

15. Martin Wilson's rating of the film Seven Beauties

Wertmuller must have sold her soul to The Devil to make this film, because she's never come close to it, before or since. The blend of black comedy, lyricism and harrowing realism is truly audacious but only because it works. It could so easily have been a disaster. At the center is one of the greatest performances in the history of film. GIANCARLO GIANNINI embodies, on a knife-edge, the magnetic disease - machismo.

16. Zachary George Najarian-Najafi's rating of the film Seven Beauties

Seven Beauties is a rip-roaring dark comedy that makes things that really shouldn't be funny (like the Holocaust) into gold mines of comedy. Yes, it is gross, disgusting, perverse, and really politically incorrect but it's also a glorious film. And in the last half hour Wertmuller pulls the rug out from under the audience and punches us in the gut with pure humanity. It's a masterpiece, oh yeah!

17. House 0f Leaves's rating of the film Seven Beauties

To those who don't love this film. Oh, yeah.

18. Mayukh Sen's rating of the film Seven Beauties

it is so so so so so difficult for me to convey how brilliant this film is

19. Kimberly Kenobi's rating of the film Seven Beauties

Giancarlo Giannini is outstanding in this film.