1. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

An entire movie musical told from the perspective of Gaston from Beauty and the Beast - yet too earnest and bombastic to be anything but endearing. A masterpiece of kitsch with one hell of a barn-raisin'.

2. grotescsetorg's rating of the film Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

3. Vickie Retallick's rating of the film Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

4. Aardsy's rating of the film Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

Kinda rapey, but still goofy fun.

5. SpacePirate's rating of the film Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

Donen was very hit and miss when not working with Kelly. This movie is a near miss, saved somewhat by the elaborate dance numbers which are worth seeing. Its by no means a classic, struggles along a bit at times even, so I would only recommend watching after making your way through the real classics from MGM. All in all, just an ok film.

6. Cătălin, HiperCristalin's rating of the film Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

The face of absolute physical and psychological liberation. A paean to the power of pungent will on the waking thought. A celebration of the female pragmatism and male prowess. The sense of an emotion so powerful as to push against the boundaries of its moment. And awkwardly enough, an utterly convincing portrait of romantic happiness. What a gem! The town dance scene left me speechless! God bless America . . .

7. Laura G.'s rating of the film Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

8. Cláudio Martins da Silva Alves's rating of the film Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

Glorious, energetic and athletic dance numbers aren't enough to salvage what is essentialy a 102 minute celebration of mid-century misoginy in musical form. Honestly, apart from the score and the coreography I can't find anything of value in this film, even the visuals are mediocre at best.

9. Marta Donati's rating of the film Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

Fun to watch (with spectacular dancing).

10. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

11. Gustavo Razera's rating of the film Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

Two extraordinary dance/song sequences (the barn dance and the lonesome polecat), a marvelous score. The rest is so old-fashioned it hurts.

12. JD Tastad's rating of the film Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

13. Emily O's rating of the film Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

the great barn raising musical of the last 200 years

14. Stasya Korotkova's rating of the film Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

Kept thinking of Anne Wheeler's "Edge of Madness"

15. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

16. Becky Durham's rating of the film Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

I used to watch this with my mom

17. AKFilmFan's rating of the film Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

With solid songs & performances this lighthearted and fun musical had just enough emotional weight in the story. And while I hoped for more dancing along with its many songs the barn-raising scenes were spectacular.

18. Juan Barquin's rating of the film Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

It's got its charms and some of the songs are quite enjoyable but I don't know how comfortable I am with the overwhelming amount of sexism in this movie.

19. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

just a musical! my review: http://mubi.com/reviews/23553

20. Harry Rossi's rating of the film Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

21. Roscoe's rating of the film Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

With BEDAZZLED, the best of Donen's otherwise wildly overrated work.

22. Patricia's rating of the film Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

I love how they dance!!!!!!!

23. flickfever's rating of the film Seven Brides for Seven Brothers

This is really an underrated musical. Its Best Picture Oscar nomination is proof of its enduring magnificence, despite the then-declining musical genre and its limited production budget.