1. Ben Nash's rating of the film Seven Samurai

It goes without saying that this is a classic, right?

2. F/K's rating of the film Seven Samurai

The father of action cinema itself

3. azoulay's rating of the film Seven Samurai

l'intensité électrique du film, le dépassement offert du scénario, la prodigieuse mise en espace des lieux et des actions le jeu incroyable des acteurs Mifumé et Shimura, l'humanité scrutée, le courage magnifié la beauté des combats et des mouvements la simplicité des moyens. L'action perpétuelle haletante et le combat pour la justice.

4. Duarte Ferreira's rating of the film Seven Samurai

I wasn't expecting to be so entertained by this movie, but it actually was really entertaining. It had a western feeling that was completely unexpected. The 7 samurai characters were mostly well developed and their interactions were great. It made you care about them and their mission. I also have to say that it is quite brilliant visually

5. Giacomo Pozzi's rating of the film Seven Samurai

6. Superfrog's rating of the film Seven Samurai

I don't like sword flicks, I don't really like platood flicks either, but this really works. The fils is more of a social/psychological film than about sabrewielding people saberwielding. The 3 and a half hours fly past.

7. INZER's rating of the film Seven Samurai

8. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Seven Samurai

As expertly paced as an evening with Jiro.

9. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Seven Samurai

re-watch. 16mm. Sure didn't feel like 3.5 hours. Such enticing character development and interludes of humor. The last twenty five minutes of the film- the last battle, and ensuing song and paddy dance- were gut wrenching.

10. Riccardo's rating of the film Seven Samurai

"This is the nature of war: by protecting others, you save yourselves. If you only think of yourself, you'll only destroy yourself."

11. John Baldwin's rating of the film Seven Samurai

Kurosawa’s epic receives pride of place among my favorite movies precisely because it is an epic. The successful epic movie represents, at least in theory, the highest achievement in cinema. I may have seen, over a lifetime of moviegoing, one or two films that are more visually beautiful, or better acted, or even more moving than this one. But none was ever more masterfully crafted, more confident or more powerful.

12. Mar ~'s rating of the film Seven Samurai

My eternal movie, I want to watch you again.

13. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film Seven Samurai

Nasce dal desiderio di ribellione di un povero contadino una delle più epiche pellicole che abbia mai visto. La durata considerevole non scalfisce mai minimamente l'efficacia narrativa di una sceneggiatura di precisione chirurgica, dove nemmeno una singola scena è di troppo o mal girata. L'eccezionale occhio registico di Kurosawa corona una delle pietre miliari della storia del cinema, da vedere senza se e senza ma.

14. Malt Frisky's rating of the film Seven Samurai

Some films can inspire classic action scenes, story telling and memorable characters but try and find one that inspires it's own genre. The influence of this film goes as far as western, war, heist and even to space with 'Star Wars' as a blue print guide to building a story and having a huge payoff to an all mighty final standoff. Is this Kurosawa's masterpiece? It's hard not to argue that point if it's yours.

15. uenus's rating of the film Seven Samurai

16. FISCHER's rating of the film Seven Samurai

Monument du cinéma mondial récemment restauré dans sa version longue dont John Sturges fit un remake remarqué, "Les sept mercenaires"... www.cinefiches.com

17. mac le mac's rating of the film Seven Samurai

18. Josh Lowe's rating of the film Seven Samurai

One that never leaves the lingering consciousness

19. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Seven Samurai

20. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Seven Samurai

This film's reputation pretty much speaks for itself at this point. So I'll try to single out just a FEW bits that I liked (of many) to comment on here. I love the way he uses flowers to capture innocence and femininity, parallel Katsushiro with Shino, and trigger the conflict that sparks their love story. Also love the scene where they stand with fire between them, Shino fleeing; Katsu approaching. Just excellent.

21. pezfelinoespia's rating of the film Seven Samurai

Una obra maestra del Kurusawa,a pesar de ser una película larga tiende a pasar rápido el tiempo,demostrando ser una película entretenida,con un gran trabajo para poder mostrar cada uno de los personajes principales,así se logra tomar cariño a cada uno,y a diferencia de otras películas de este estilo (por ejemplo:13 asesinos) kurosawa,en vez de darle tanto énfasis a las batallas, se le da a la trama y eso se agradece

22. mávros skýlos's rating of the film Seven Samurai

worst samurai movie i have ever watched

23. Kotryna's rating of the film Seven Samurai

still don't have the proper answer why it is so great

24. Andre Flickatina's rating of the film Seven Samurai

the most depressingly beautiful ending to a film that i've ever experienced