1. Nathan Silva's rating of the film Sex and Lucía

What is it with Spanish directors and their fetish for convoluted plot lines and absurdly coincidental melodrama?

2. anacecil's rating of the film Sex and Lucía

Un ninfómana, que no para su actividad sin Norte en toda la película.

3. Violet Rien's rating of the film Sex and Lucía

Beautiful light and great story.

4. alimcintyre's rating of the film Sex and Lucía

5. ruthlornaadele's rating of the film Sex and Lucía

I possibly shouldn't review a film I only caught half of...but I will be finding the second half as I found the first so captivating. It's fairly tried and tested shifting time frames give great opening pace and the dialogue- less sections leave space for questions to linger in the air.

6. Saule Mickeviciute's rating of the film Sex and Lucía

Overdone, a bit of a mishmash, however I still found it interesting enough to watch, it's a nice film overall.

7. Imelda Says's rating of the film Sex and Lucía

Loved the poetic circularity, all those moons resonating with each other. Feels to me like the title cheapens it with needless titillation - could as easily be called The Floating Island...

8. Gary B's rating of the film Sex and Lucía

How do they come up with these ingenious plots? Enjoyable dark and funny definitely not a family film. Stick with it for the ending

9. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Sex and Lucía

Mental masturbation, literally.

10. mammadmoon@gmail.com's rating of the film Sex and Lucía

Total Cliche. Awful cinematography

11. sarahyuniarni's rating of the film Sex and Lucía

How am i supposed to forget the scene where Lucia was having a sexual intercourse with a random guy at the ocean, in the middle of the night, under the moon and stars. It's like every girl fantasy right? Or not?

12. Valerya's rating of the film Sex and Lucía

13. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film Sex and Lucía

Well, it was less risible and more comprehensible on a second viewing than when I first saw it on release. Overheated, over ripe, over long, over ambitious but still strangely moving even with that hilarious final sequence featuring a lighthouse and a hole to the centre of the island in close proximity. Symbolism? Surely not.

14. Leigh Collins's rating of the film Sex and Lucía

Flawed but intriguing love story in which the sex and nudity doesn't seem too gratuitous.

15. JCPJD's rating of the film Sex and Lucía

Saw this when I was 18 - remembered the sex. Saw it now, aged 30 - appreciate the themes of storytelling, cosmic interference and the creative process. Sex and Lucia occurs in a totally self contained world with it's own internal laws (as all films do, but here it is pronounced). What works is the consistency of tone - it could have derailed so many times. Like the tone and you'll like this movie.

16. Penelope q's rating of the film Sex and Lucía

17. katiestgeorge@gmail.com's rating of the film Sex and Lucía

Watched this when I was younger and got a bit overexcited, can't quite remember if it was good or there was just a shit load of bonking

18. Agne's rating of the film Sex and Lucía

Some good moments & I liked the way the movie looks like a home video on VHS (I don't know if it's to do with the choices made while filming or the fact that it's from 2001). However, overall I was left uninspired. The poetic interludes only remain poetic where the characters keep their mouths shut. The trick where a writer's consciousness blends with reality is a dangerous one - hard to get right.

19. Dennis Morgan's rating of the film Sex and Lucía

Super and sensual! A visual depiction of what it means to be in love!

20. SamTheSane's rating of the film Sex and Lucía

"At the end of the story, there's a hole to escape to. Back to the middle"

21. Bandeira's rating of the film Sex and Lucía

worst thing that ever penetrated my dvd player

22. SoulBrotherNo1's rating of the film Sex and Lucía

8/10 - The postmodern device of writing your own story, blurring reality with fiction meets a bright sunlit spanish coast where everything is white and light blue, meets a lot of erotica, meets David Lynch, meets even more erotica. At first it will confuse you, but you will be able to figure most of it out. And if you dont like it, you can fall through a hole and go back to the middle to rewrite your ending ;-)

23. Yurrit Avonds's rating of the film Sex and Lucía

Dreamy, poetic & melancholic.

24. Videograms's rating of the film Sex and Lucía