1. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film Shadow Dancer

Marsh takes a clear straightforward directorial approach. We are rewarded with an unusually intelligent (if downbeat) Troubles-based thriller that depicts in a balanced way the tension between the personal and the political. It raises interesting questions around the inescapable legacy of violence (the shadow from which the characters attempt to dance/escape?) and the nature of loyalty, both familial and tribal.

2. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Shadow Dancer

The cast is great and the "troubles" are great subject matter but something in this film just didn't click. 71' is a better IRA thriller, albeit a different kind of film.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Shadow Dancer

Une oeuvre solide et prenante qui déclame une impitoyable et sourde tragédie, sur fond de conflit historique, dont nous retiendrons l'exceptionnelle prestation des principaux acteurs, une splendide photographie neutre et glacée renforçant une atmosphère sans cesse désespérée et mortifère... www.cinefiches.com

4. SafeStanding's rating of the film Shadow Dancer

Well scripted, well acted film on the "troubles". Slow burning and fairly low on dialogue,focusing on betrayal more than the mechanics of the divide. Only let down by underdeveloped characters.

5. J. O.'s rating of the film Shadow Dancer

Despite the hokey title, this is a respectable effort in the growing collection of dramas set in The Troubles. Taut, with restrained performances and an overall well-executed style. Predictable, but enjoyable. The cinematography was a little too orange and muggy for my liking, but the observational style found in a lot of scenes keeps it interesting nonetheless.

6. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Shadow Dancer

Well made film but not for me (2.6/5)

7. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Shadow Dancer

“Shadow Dancer” is not mandatory, but deserves some attention as a solid, competent and adult movie. Full Review and Rating: http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.com/2013/01/shadow-dancer-2012.html

8. janice.hughes's rating of the film Shadow Dancer

This film set in Belfast in 1971, follows a young woman who leaves a bomb in the underground in London while working for the IRA. She is pursued by an MI5 agent in the guise of Clive Owen and therein lies a story of deceit, loyalty and love. The Director has captured the grainy minimalism of this sparse and dark landscape of Northern Ireland at this terrible time of death and troubles.

9. Jorge Mourinha's rating of the film Shadow Dancer

10. Cromm Crúaich's rating of the film Shadow Dancer

I convinced myself not to watch another film about The Troubles, not any new ones after seeing 50 Dead Men Walking. This was a pleasant surprise.

11. Andre Rehal's rating of the film Shadow Dancer

This film felt like something was missing, I don't know what that was but I think the minimalism combined with how fast the story went through its various beats didin't leave me anytime to identify with anybody. Still, the performances were good as was the cinematography.