1. FISCHER's rating of the film Shadow of the Vampire

Une intéressante idée de départ qui pêche par manque de rigueur... www.cinefiches.com

2. Scorpio Velvet's rating of the film Shadow of the Vampire

If Murnau's masterpiece was filmed entirely real, I am not sure what else would happened if Max Schrek were actually a vampire. Both Malkovich and Defoe give out some brilliant performances as the director & the vampire for whom they try to create a masterpiece of horror.

3. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Shadow of the Vampire

4. Bob's rating of the film Shadow of the Vampire

Genuine premise that somewhere between great sets and enviable cast turns out to be easy to watch, easier to forget thriller. Still, that does not disprove poetic highlights of screenwriting with proclamations of mankind's imperfection, while there's also room for self-parody. Thanks to the main cast, every approach works just fine but it could use longer running time to avoid being uneven.

5. rachel collier's rating of the film Shadow of the Vampire

The first movie jeremy and i saw in the theater. <3

6. Doug Grenier's rating of the film Shadow of the Vampire

An interesting, chilling fictionalization of the making of the classic vampire film "Nosferatu". John Malkovich is wonderful as F.W. Murnau, but Willem Dafoe is the real star of the film. He truly becomes Max Schreck before your eyes. The makeup deserves mention as well.

7. JUERGEN_K's rating of the film Shadow of the Vampire

8. Albrecht B. Christoph's rating of the film Shadow of the Vampire

Technisch sehr gut gemacht, witzig sowie wirklich überraschend. Sehr zu unrecht recht unbekannt.

9. Jordan H's rating of the film Shadow of the Vampire

I watched this alone/at night/during a storm/eating cereal and it was magnificent.

10. ElTigreNegro's rating of the film Shadow of the Vampire

Probably one of the best movies about movies ever made. It has grown on me with the time.

11. PolarisDiB's rating of the film Shadow of the Vampire

This movie is one of those loving homages that feels like Merhige wants to own the original as his own child; nevertheless the casting wins it over with Malkovich portraying Murnau as a sacrificial high priest of cinema and Defoe as an antsy, irritated aging vampire both camera shy and obsessed with the lead actress. It's not a very chilling movie but quietly crazy. --DiB

12. floserber's rating of the film Shadow of the Vampire

Totally inaccurate technically (a shame), this film can still be amusing: the homage turns into a fight between a mosquito and a desmodus draculae.

13. Jack M's rating of the film Shadow of the Vampire

Some awkward editing here and there, but Willem Dafoe was virtually unrecognizable as Max Schreck. A great performance! Malkovich was good too, and Udo Kier!

14. Zachary George Najarian-Najafi's rating of the film Shadow of the Vampire

Murnau is one of my favorite directors, and Nosferatu one of my favorite films. Merhige's Shadow of the Vampire is both a loving tribute to Murnau's classic and a great film in its own right. The film turns between comedy and terror, but never falls into the realm of camp or parody. Merhige asks us to take his work seriously and we are able to do so. And the performances! Max Schreck is loveable and terrifying!

15. meancreek's rating of the film Shadow of the Vampire

The film itself is very standard but Willem Dafoe's performance is just extraordinary.

16. Kirby's rating of the film Shadow of the Vampire

I think I expected a bit too much from this film, but Dafoe and the make-up still make this worthwhile.

17. MegaMeg's rating of the film Shadow of the Vampire

Hey Eddie Izzard plus Nosferatu? I'm diggin it.

18. ΞRIC B∆D TASTΞ's rating of the film Shadow of the Vampire

i had expected more from the movie, but an awesome acting by Willem Dafoe...

19. frequency_one's rating of the film Shadow of the Vampire

I wanted to like this a lot more than I did.

20. Caden Cotard's rating of the film Shadow of the Vampire

One of the greatest movies about movies ever made, Shadow of the Vampire has not one, but two fantastic performances centred around madness. Both John Malkovich and Willem Dafoe are entirely Oscar worthy.

21. ghostofX-masyet2come's rating of the film Shadow of the Vampire

I feed like an old man pees - sometimes all at once, sometimes drop by drop. lol

22. Diego van Uden's rating of the film Shadow of the Vampire

23. Dzimas's rating of the film Shadow of the Vampire

I just loved the campiness of it. Dafoe was virtually unrecognizable as Schreck. And, Malkovich was perfectly dead pan as Murnau.

24. César's rating of the film Shadow of the Vampire

An elegant and inspired take on the making of _Nosferatu_, mixing dark humor with elements of horror. Willem Dafoe injects a dose of tortured humanity to his characterization of the undead Max Schreck.