1. SpacePirate's rating of the film Shadows and Fog

An underrated Allen with an all-star, if somewhat underused, cast. The real star here is the cinematography & the charming nod to German Expressionism overall, but with a Kafkaesque dread that makes the occasional bits of humor stand out even more. Lightyears ahead of his current output, this one is sadly overlooked and one of his best B&W films. 4 stars, def worth a look for fans of Allen, as well as German silents.

2. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Shadows and Fog

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Shadows and Fog

Truffée de moult réjouissantes références cinématographiques, une comédie irrésistible et subtile avec un étonnant et merveilleux Woody Allen. Magique... www.cinefiches.com

4. msmichel's rating of the film Shadows and Fog

Woody Allen's homage to German expressionism, Kurt Weill and Kafka may be one of his most under appreciated films. Allen's journey into Kafkaesque nightmare is full of wonderful moments with a myriad of performers. Carlo di Palma's cinematography is aces here. ' I can't even make a leap of faith to believe in my own existence'

5. Nachtreich's rating of the film Shadows and Fog

6. adam's rating of the film Shadows and Fog

7. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Shadows and Fog

I really liked this film- this is one of Woody Allen's most visually creative films!

8. Diderot's rating of the film Shadows and Fog

The scene when Mia Farrow goes to the brothel is brilliant (the 360 close-up is magical), and in general this is one of Allen's best and most charming.

9. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Shadows and Fog

Shadows and Fog felt like I was watching the Docks of New York by Sternberg. It was beautifully photographed, and had some typical Woody Allen wit. Not that special though, just enjoyable. Which in itself is quite nice, just focus on the photography.

10. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Shadows and Fog

11. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Shadows and Fog

Big star ensemble; interesting/crazy story & Woody Allen himself on stage. But, despite all, one of the weakest Allen movies. Unfunny, uninteresting & dull characters, bad dialogues, a bit stupid & totally boring.

12. Moses Lumpkin's rating of the film Shadows and Fog

A cameo fest if there ever was one. But hands down the star of this film is Carlo Di Palma's cinematography. You could watch this on mute and still be glued to the screen.

13. James Roth's rating of the film Shadows and Fog

really liked the look of the film but if it wasn't for the cinematography and the setting I would have found this very forgettable

14. yasdnil's rating of the film Shadows and Fog

Most of Woody Allen's mysteries are a bit of a bore to me, but I quite enjoyed Shadows and Fog. Clever and aesthetically great, and the cast is great. But I may be a bit biased due to my undying love of young John Cusack. Sorry bout it.

15. CafeGradiva's rating of the film Shadows and Fog

16. mjgildea's rating of the film Shadows and Fog

3 1/2 out of 5 stars. Aside from the gorgeous photography, the cast of Shadows and Fog is one of the most impressive Allen has put together to date, even if most of them are underused. I know this was supposed to be a nod to German expressionist filmmakers but it felt like there was a hint of low-key Chaplin thrown into the story. I loved the brothel scenes bit roles. One of Allen's more underrrated movies.

17. DorianTwist's rating of the film Shadows and Fog

An underrated Allen masterpiece. One of Woody's best films... in my opinion.

18. Gabriele Taddei's rating of the film Shadows and Fog

Such a cinical and nichilistic movie that seems to be a comedy, but has really deep meanings

19. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film Shadows and Fog

Altro grande tassello della filmografia di Allen,in cui Woody propone ancora una volta la sua visone pessimistica del mondo,in cui l uomo solo e abbandonato non riesce a trovare conforto in alcuna forma d'umanità.C'è una critica su tutto,dalla condizione ebraica,alla chiesa corrotta,ai libertini convinti,agli studenti delusi.Tutto un mondo avvolto di ombre e nebbia in un'ambientazione stupenda,di viscontiana memoria.

20. thrym's rating of the film Shadows and Fog

great movie favorite line "he thinks nothing is real at all, and that everything exists only in the dream of a dog"

21. Leonardo Lopes's rating of the film Shadows and Fog

'After Hours' - Woody Allen version.

22. Holger Haase's rating of the film Shadows and Fog

Wonderful, kafkaesque serial killer comedy.

23. A47's rating of the film Shadows and Fog

Woody Allen wanders around the world of his heroes, and it's awesome.

24. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Shadows and Fog