1. Babak Geranfar's rating of the film Shall We Dance

Another jewel from the undisputed King and Queen of Hollywood Musicals...

2. Aardsy's rating of the film Shall We Dance

No one pronounces "oysters" as "ersters."

3. Peter Tran's rating of the film Shall We Dance

4. Myles's rating of the film Shall We Dance

They can quite happily take this away from me...

5. filmcapsule's rating of the film Shall We Dance

Delightful. There's a having-your-cake-and-eating-it-too class consciousness that only old Hollywood could pull off, a faint sketch of a romance and some light-as-air bedroom farce. There's Edward Everett Horton as the adorable boob (never better). And, of course, there's the raw beauty of motion to make you realize the transportive and emotive power of celluloid that transcends any one film.

6. Love Walked In's rating of the film Shall We Dance

Name it if you can come up with something jazzier than this flow of Ginger's dotted skirt in the dancehall or more Gershwinish than that Fred's genteel voice at the port.

7. SpacePirate's rating of the film Shall We Dance

Top notch Astaire-Rogers. 4.5 stars

8. Anastasia's rating of the film Shall We Dance

- Look how lucky I am: the fist time I find myself on a boat with somebody like you - it turns out to be... you :)

9. Cole Caudle's rating of the film Shall We Dance

I know this isn't always considered one of their best, but it's my personal favourite if only because it was the one I watched repeatedly/obsessively on VHS as a kid. i love the fact that Rogers only really begins to fall for Astaire once she realises he's actually a tap dancer more than a ballet dancer. It is through the dancing that their most profound feelings for one another are expressed. Great screwball script.

10. MarcH's rating of the film Shall We Dance

Second-tier Astaire/Rogers. First-tier Gershwin.

11. Anton Williams's rating of the film Shall We Dance

Not the best of Sandrich/Astaire/Rogers film. Looks a bit messy. Ginger has no glitter in the eyes.

12. Nicole Pometti's rating of the film Shall We Dance

just saw it at the Film Forum. seeing it on the big screen, the way it was meant to be seen, with an audience was incredible.