1. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Shame

2. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Shame

I think this is a masterpiece. It is his most immediate film. I love other Bergman films more (Monika, Seventh Seal, Smiles of a Summer Night}, but this one is his crowning achievement.

3. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Shame

Bergman in broader, uneven strokes. The human condition under more obvious strain with greater emphasis on overt cause and effect. Normality remains as precarious as ever with the vacillating military action metaphorically waxing & waning human frailty in the face of threat and - more pointedly - what eventually collapses your morality into cuckoldry when your back is against a wall. Gorgeously stark throughout.

4. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Shame

Another title for this film could have been "Max von Sydow Gets Cucked"

5. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Shame

Because of how many great to masterpiece films this man makes, it can be a little underwhelming to see a merely very strong one. Still got a transcendent moment or two to help me not notice as much.

6. K_Tarr's rating of the film Shame

7. FISCHER's rating of the film Shame

Allégorie puissante et dénonciatrice de l'implication de la guerre, de toute guerre, sur le comportement, l'humiliation de l'être humain. Pour public averti. Le cinéma, c'est aussi quelquefois, la réflexion et le dépassement. Mais qui se sent concerné ? Une oeuvre formelle, désespérante, d'une cruelle évidence. www.cinefiches.com

8. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Shame

9. beatrizatriz's rating of the film Shame

Às vezes tudo parece um sonho. Não um sonho meu, mas um sonho de outra pessoa no qual tenho de participar. O que acontece quando aquele que nos sonhou acorda e sente vergonha?

10. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Shame

11. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Shame

Bergman's nightmare of life during wartime, just disturbing enough for when you're in the mood to be moved but not, ya know, traumatized. Some amazing setpieces and ominous atmosphere, but still linked to a kind of theatrical mannerism unbecoming for the chaos he wants to evoke. Which means, even with the Trumpocalypse bearing down, I'm less sure it's a prophecy than (for a type of arthouse viewer) good clean fun.

12. Ethan's rating of the film Shame

This is Bergman's anti-war film.

13. ceknklsn's rating of the film Shame

14. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Shame

15. Nachtreich's rating of the film Shame

16. Mighty Quinn's rating of the film Shame

I liked the idea of a relationship breaking down when faced with the ever looming presence of war, but the tonal shift between the first and second half threw me a little, and the role reversal of the weak willed husband becoming the strong overbearing one, and the wife becoming the opposite, seemed rushed when explored only in an hour or less. The war themes could have been explored better, and less obscure as well.

17. Cemre Polat's rating of the film Shame

Karakterlerin savaşın içine girdikçe uğradıkları değişim, savaş kavramının ne denli eril zihniyet ürünü olduğunu düşündürdü.

18. Bogdan Liviu's rating of the film Shame

"Sometimes everything seems just like a dream. It is not my dream but somebody else's that I have to participate in. What happens when the one who dreamt us wakes up and feels ashamed?"

19. postblueink's rating of the film Shame

9.5/10 (23.11.2015) the most untypical Bergman`s film, in which so many thoughts that I feel to heroes, but can`t understand my attitude towards them. Love. Hate. Fear. Shame.

20. Güven Şahinkanat's rating of the film Shame

this film is hosting lot of subtexts inside ... the hidden sexual humiliation between male and female characters is very irritating. staying indifferent towards the war or moral disappearance after war are just sheath for telling bothersome humiliation.the whole film resembles a bad nightmare but in the final scene when she started to talk about her dream ,the audience are forced to believe that this is a reality.

21. Erik F.'s rating of the film Shame

22. Muraki's rating of the film Shame

so bergmanic but he had done so many better

23. Johnny Mislow's rating of the film Shame

Discreet transitions and sequences filled with static and emotional distress. Can be very draining in terms of emotion and intensity but Bergman's dark perspective into war shines out a very disturbed sense of humour and fear.

24. dr0nestar's rating of the film Shame

shame on bergman for this terrible dream