1. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Shampoo

Warren Beatty plays the character of a sleepwalker who's at first attracted and accepted by anyone getting in contact with him but who's finally rejected by all. I haven't seen a so passive character in years. Don't be fooled by his numerous motorbike trips, George will not go far in life. Tragic. Recommended.

2. Log Lady's rating of the film Shampoo

Not as bad as I've been led to believe. Despite the nice 70s L.A. views and some genuinely funny moments, Shampoo's biggest sins are probably its meandering pace, dull characters, and generally dull tone. I really want Goldie Hawn's hair, though, and reallyreallyreally want to go to that second party.

3. rhtkm's rating of the film Shampoo

4. Moses Lumpkin's rating of the film Shampoo

5. Ghostman's rating of the film Shampoo

Beatty has one of his most appealing roles as a womanizing hairdresser trying to get his own beauty shop. He doesn't want to conform to the Man for investors but money forces him to do so. Capitalism breaks all down & this film, co-written by Beatty himself, fits right into his socialist filmography. It's also a self-aware (for 1975) critique of toxic masculinity & a deconstruction of so-called ladies men. Great film

6. lina maj's rating of the film Shampoo

(2.5) Oh, I could watch that scene where Warren Beaty is running out and in of the party with his clanking shoes so many times! Also, the shortness of Goldie Hawn's dresses --- just wow!

7. blkrchs's rating of the film Shampoo

8. redux's rating of the film Shampoo

McCabe and Mrs. Miller reunited in an American satire that doesn't forget to entertain.

9. Tadzio Bonaparte's rating of the film Shampoo

Everything is there, but maybe a little more heart and corrosiveness would make it feel less tepid. Lee Grant and Goldie Hawn are great but none of the other characters are very engaging.

10. steeeeellaaaaa (Iulia N)'s rating of the film Shampoo

i like how it doesn't have a clear narrative and the anti-establishment feel of the new hollywood movies

11. Adam Laurence Pitt's rating of the film Shampoo

12. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film Shampoo

There's something dissatisfying about this film, one I've always wanted to like but that's never gripped me on the numerous occasions I've tried watching it. I wish it was funnier, that the satirical edge was sharper and that I cared more for the main characters. Nevertheless, Ashby is clearly in control of the piece visually and the performances are never less than outstanding across the board.

13. ofNatalie LA's rating of the film Shampoo

When a man gets his heart broken, it's a great tragedy. When a woman gets her heart broken, she's a fool because "Let's face it, I fucked 'em all".

14. Ramzi's rating of the film Shampoo

"What exactly can a president do to affect the moral tone of the country? The president can end the permissive attitudes, non-critical of an individual who decides for himself, whether to obey or break the laws..." - Spiro Agnew, on one of the TVs. Highly, highly enjoyable film. Directed with such a deft touch.

15. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Shampoo

As American as hot apple pie and ice cream. Engaging script and top performances. Jesus, Goldie Hawn was fine.

16. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Shampoo

Great comedy about the love generation.

17. sizelando's rating of the film Shampoo

The characters aren't there, the comedy isn't funny, and any statement is muddied. Calling something a satire doesn't automatically qualify it as having meaning. A disappointment.

18. ecstatic truth's rating of the film Shampoo

Not at all hilarious, quite a disappointment from the same director as the wonderful Harold and Maude

19. Victor Gonzalez's rating of the film Shampoo

Fun to watch, somehow outdated.

20. ant's rating of the film Shampoo

21. Steve G.'s rating of the film Shampoo

I guess we now know where Russell Brand got his style.

22. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Shampoo

A superb soundtrack and decent cast is about all Shampoo has to offer. The lead character (played by Warren Beatty) is too pathetic to gain any sympathy from viewers, whereas the main female characters (Julie Christie and Goldie Hawn) are supposed to be won over by his charms. Jack Warden is a plus, but this is a bit of a dated chore that suffers from a poor script, mistakenly thinking that the leads will carry it.

23. Ed S's rating of the film Shampoo

With the talent involved, I can't help feeling that, affecting though this is, it could have been better. I can't decide if there's much real merit to Ashby's tripod-bound naturalism, or whether the film just lacks visual flair. Seriously, with that soundtrack, that writer, those actors... surely this could have been something more. Instead I'm almost left reading the screenplay 'through' the film...

24. miles's rating of the film Shampoo

Honey, I was lookin' all over the place for you.. ;D