1. ionosonde's rating of the film Shara

i just...didn't get it, at all. i don't understand why i was being shown what i was being shown. still, it made me feel and the camerawork really felt emotional rather than clinical.

2. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Shara

3. Jugu Abraham's rating of the film Shara

Amazing film for keen viewers who can observe the camera's perspective, love contemplative cinema discussing life and death, and accept women to be as important as men or even more. Director -writer Naomi Kawase is Japan's Terrence Malick. My detailed review is at moviessansfrontiers.blogspot.in/2017/06/207-japanese-director-naomi-kawases.html

4. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Shara

5. David Grillo's rating of the film Shara

In the closing moments you forget what something is and remember what everything feels like in those closing moments I could not conjure my own name from an echo I am time and space, the camera in orbit, capturing me, distance is enveloped. I see only the film only a light that stands for darkness, as it was the film lingers but I see it now for true, I remember who I am where I've been and everything becomes anew.

6. Aditya Watts's rating of the film Shara

Wonderful. Films to live in. The cast of this film is so amazing. Real people :O

7. noice's rating of the film Shara

8. Communicants's rating of the film Shara

This movie feels like a warm hug.

9. Luis Pires's rating of the film Shara

10. Ostermyers's rating of the film Shara

11. Marcelo lichtig's rating of the film Shara

12. House 0f Leaves's rating of the film Shara

Kawase shows the great complexity and great simplicity of life, a celebration, a tragedy, light and shadow. Despite the dynamic camera, I am reminded of Hou.

13. Kenji's rating of the film Shara

Watching Shara feels to me a rare privilege of being wrapped in the assured, beautiful and uplifting vision of a director who prefers to explore than explain.

14. InsertOzuReferencehere's rating of the film Shara

One of those films that's going to haunt me for a long time. Not sure why the characters were as relatable to me as they were, I was lost so much in that communities world, I was almost in a trance. The ending was like leaving a second family/home that I will never see again.

15. patchwork's rating of the film Shara

un film che per molti versi sorprendente. Bella regia "spiritica". la telecamera, grazie all'uso di lunghi piani sequenza, da l'impressione di una presenza concreta e invisibile all'interno della scena che spia i personaggi della vicenda (la qual cosa รจ esplicitata nel finale). Funzionale la scelta dell'assenza di una colonna sonora (anche se fa capolino nella lunghissima e magnifica scena del ballo).

16. TK BUCKLEY's rating of the film Shara

I ripped the audio of the festival scene and put it in my itunes. It's trance inducing.

17. Leng Tch'e's rating of the film Shara

The festival scene is pretty much the greatest one of the decade

18. Jeremy Tamura's rating of the film Shara

This is an amazing film, and one of the deepest about the mystery and the sometimes crual beauty of life.

19. Xavier Coronel's rating of the film Shara

I've always found this to be one of the most beautiful films there are that speak of loss and mourning. Kawase's camera moves, follows and wanders through Nara and it's characters like a vigorous phantom with the curiosity of a child, discovering the visible and the invisible, since it's first awakened from the darkness to it's final flight of victory. A beautiful experience, it shouldn't be missed.