1. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film She Monkeys

One of the best Swedish films of this decades.

2. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film She Monkeys

A disturbing exploration of ambiguous power relations, the action operating at the fine line between playfulness and perversity. Aschan cleverly depicts this at three life stages: the young girl unknowingly confronts the adults with their sense of taboo, while the teenagers experiment and discover their capacity to push at sexual and relational boundaries. I found it stayed with me long after the end.

3. Adam Whybray's rating of the film She Monkeys

A sophisticated thesis as desire as locus of control. Movements traced in Lacanian algebra! Or something. Basically, the filmmakers must know some psychoanalytic witchery cause it really got under my skin. I hate the title though!

4. Kaonashiii's rating of the film She Monkeys

I snoozed through this more than once. The little sister is great, though.

5. m.jempson@btinternet.com's rating of the film She Monkeys

A touching but also rather disturbing film; the dark, sinister edges to the desire for intimacy and understanding - not to mention competition.

6. Ayesha Casely-Hayford's rating of the film She Monkeys

And that's, how you get your own way! Stoic and controlled on all levels. Cinematically, musically, creatively and in the dialogue. Measured pace with a few odd outbreaks of shock. An interesting look at a competitive world.

7. innersmiff's rating of the film She Monkeys

Pushing new boundaries in film-content. Each relationship is unusual/taboo in some way. More complicated than one might first expect. We also have a new sport on screen: horse yoga? Engaging debut marred only by an inconclusive ending.

8. Superfrog's rating of the film She Monkeys

Nice photography in bits, the rest is atrocious. Deals with gender/age/clique issues with the sensitivity of a drunken Dr Strangelove.

9. Magic Lantern Alison's rating of the film She Monkeys

Quite creepy in its own quiet way.

10. Thomas's rating of the film She Monkeys

Touching, reflective drama. Credible characterisation and performances but ultimately unsatisfying. It set up more than it focussed on, could have gone deeper I felt.

11. Tja's rating of the film She Monkeys

About 35 minutes in and an hour later a piece of tumbleweed crosses the screen. We yawn. Meanwhile, our adolescent teen protagonists flounder about like beached herring. The ennui, the ennui ...

12. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film She Monkeys

13. raggiodisole's rating of the film She Monkeys

grabs a firm hold of growing up as a girl, and shakes out a pretty decent snapshot, all rivalry and sullen independence

14. Bethany Gillings's rating of the film She Monkeys

Emma's little sister is absolutely the star of the film.

15. Pete Turner's rating of the film She Monkeys

They didn't even lez one off!

16. yesjess's rating of the film She Monkeys

There's something haunting about this film that I can't quite put my finger on. But also I'm not sure I can be bothered to.

17. Nathan's rating of the film She Monkeys

Interesting set of character dynamics but felt that really the film needed to focus on just one instead of leaving all the narratives just seemed wanting for something more.

18. amysimpson's rating of the film She Monkeys

by the end of the film i had completely forgotten the comparison to show me love; it is definitely no show me love. would probably give 2.5 stars if possible. edit: i always give harsher reviews when i haven't let the film settle yet, and so a few days later i think it was a good film, quite uncomfortable and interesting and maybe i was too harsh to begin with

19. matt powell's rating of the film She Monkeys

self indulgent load of rubbish and another hour and of half of my life that i'll never get back

20. Richard Stopford's rating of the film She Monkeys

Honestly: dull, and unconvincing. The cinematography carries much of the film; the direction itself, the script, and the acting are quite wooden. Most frustrating is the heavy-handed themes which were presented rather than developed. There's promise, but this isn't a full work yet. Show Me Love is a much, much better film. As was It Felt Like Love which had some similar themes and was on Mubi recently.

21. SafeStanding's rating of the film She Monkeys

Very credible performances make for an impressive debut for Aschan.

22. Laura Naysmith's rating of the film She Monkeys

The synopsis made it sound more exciting than it actually was. I did enjoy it but won't rush back to see it again.

23. kris's rating of the film She Monkeys

This is well put together. There are many similar films in this genre and while i feel this film retains its innocence :) its not a film i would watch again.

24. tintinmugshot's rating of the film She Monkeys