1. fleur de chair's rating of the film Sherlock: The Empty Hearse

It was okay- Not the best nor worst. But did we really need a WHOLE episode to tie up "how he did it?" Also, I am convinced that shot of Anderson losing his mind at the end was filmed specifically to make memes and Tumblr gif sets.

2. Samuel Righi's rating of the film Sherlock: The Empty Hearse

3. Gabriella F's rating of the film Sherlock: The Empty Hearse

I'm developing a love/hate relationship with this show. Just found myself crying and laughing at the same time.

4. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Sherlock: The Empty Hearse

5. Gonçalo Rosas's rating of the film Sherlock: The Empty Hearse

5 - This episode's introduction of Amanda (who was, up until the finale, the albatross around this show's figurative neck) was somewhat offset by a strong finale and a promise of greater things to come. The amount of fanservice was pretty aggravating, though.

6. muh.'s rating of the film Sherlock: The Empty Hearse

7. James Mackin's rating of the film Sherlock: The Empty Hearse

You can't give us a twist like that, continue the show, and not explain it. Giving us possible outcomes, never confirming any. This is where I realized Moffat is in it purely for the fans, and I realized that I would prefer a creator who loathed the fans, but told an amazing story. Moffat isn't really that.

8. sacajawèale's rating of the film Sherlock: The Empty Hearse

Is mubi fuckin goin retard?! Another loss of hope for mankind

9. Roscoe's rating of the film Sherlock: The Empty Hearse

The comic chemistry between Cumberbatch and Freeman is one of the Great Wonders of the Acting World.

10. Louise_Dietrich's rating of the film Sherlock: The Empty Hearse

4 stars mainly because the humor was amusing and the fact that Sherlock is back. The slo mo and stop and go - don't know the technical word for it - directorial choices is so distracting to the point of annoyance. It seems he was trying out all of these nifty things to do with this fancy camera, completely neglecting the fact that he should be telling a story.

11. Catherine Krummey's rating of the film Sherlock: The Empty Hearse

"I can't be seen wandering around with an old man."

12. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Sherlock: The Empty Hearse

Good and playful episode, but far from the best stuff the Sherlock team came up with. Though I gotta say it could've been a LOT WORSE.

13. Zachary George Najarian-Najafi's rating of the film Sherlock: The Empty Hearse

14. CJ Roy's rating of the film Sherlock: The Empty Hearse

I can't believe how mean and disrespectful the show has become to its fan base via the Anderson character. Also, how the show decides to gut any development Molly could have by making her boyfriend a cheap gag is incredibly frustrating, but I guess the writers decided they should only have one good female character in its main cast and you know, wife takes priority.

15. Robin Marolla's rating of the film Sherlock: The Empty Hearse

So ecstatic for the return of Sherlock! A bit more tongue in cheek this go around, but still, the world's favorite sleuth is back, and the world is better for it.

16. robin's rating of the film Sherlock: The Empty Hearse

Still one of the best things on television.

17. hastapura's rating of the film Sherlock: The Empty Hearse

My vote for best-written episode yet, with layers of reflexivity both obvious and subtle. Doesn't tip into fan-service somehow - or maybe it did, and I don't care. The writers' struggle between gratifying the "how'd he do its" and the "let's move ons" is made manifest in clever ways. HOWEVER, ep is padded with s1 directorial bullshit: wacky graphics overlaid on Sherlock, shitty map scenes when people travel. Oh well.

18. Mubiey's rating of the film Sherlock: The Empty Hearse

It's quite interesting start for Sherlock 3. but it lost its way.

19. eek's rating of the film Sherlock: The Empty Hearse

Sherlock is back and all is well in the world. Or at least TV world, I dunno. The storyline was all over the place and it was too meta for my taste, sure it's the best thing on TV but by Sherlock standards it's 'just' good. Let's move on and forget about his 'death' and focus on Mary and the new villain.

20. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Sherlock: The Empty Hearse

21. João Biscaia's rating of the film Sherlock: The Empty Hearse

It's insulting how they just won't stop outdoing themselves. It's insulting how brilliant and thrilling and silly and emotional this episode was. More importantly, it's insulting we had to wait 2 years for this, but, goddamn, was it worth the wait.