1. Joel's rating of the film Shock

For a film that begins in awfully familiar (and downright cheesy) scenes of familiar bliss pitted against a haunted house slowly this film emerges with plenty of moments of genuine horror. Throw in a few decent plot twists and a couple great cinematic tricks and you have yourself a decent little haunt flick. Certainly does the Bava name good for a later carrer film.

2. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Shock

Extra star for Daria Nicolodi. I've always liked her but she owns this.

3. emanuela's rating of the film Shock

Mario Bava was Cinema for sure. Last film with Daria, wife of Dario Argento, yes you can feel fear just listening the names. Slowly at the beginning, but the end is a metaphor of life, especially the only love for the own child.

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Shock

Dernière réalisation pour le cinéma de Mario Bava qui frise souvent le Grand Guignol avec son lourd bazar d'un fatras de données psychanalytiques confuses et mal digérées... www.cinefiches.com

5. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Shock

Last movie of the master filled with artisanal special effects that beat any computer tricks you could think of. Mario Bava was Cinema. Highly recommended.

6. Balthaz21's rating of the film Shock

7. sacajawèale's rating of the film Shock

8. Pymo's rating of the film Shock

Dearest mom. I'm your only love. The only one.

9. Coheed 2.5's rating of the film Shock

Everything in this just 'clicked' for me. This goes from being gripping to incredible in its unconventional and nerve racking take on the possessed child story. I love it when a film unexpectedly causes my jaw to drop on the floor when I expected it to be a merely good film from Bava.

10. Conquest of Gaul's rating of the film Shock

11. serotoninronin's rating of the film Shock

I'm in the minority here, but this ranks with the best stuff Bava ever did, and may take the cake as my favorite possession flick ever. Brilliantly anti-haunted house.

12. Shelley's rating of the film Shock

not really worth watching. good efforts but not much happened, not much was said. everything was too vague. the score is pretty awesome though.

13. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film Shock

Bava's last film may lack some of the visual sophistication of his best work, but it's still a ripping psychological horror by a master. Inventive and original, with a strong central performance by Nicolodi and and great eerie atmosphere. It should also be considered one of the best of the "creepy child" subgenre. A must for fans of Bava and Italian horror, though the incredibly dated score is a hinderance at time.