1. Ben Peyton's rating of the film Shockproof

One of the worst endings in a Noir film I think I can remember watching.

2. petit astronaute's rating of the film Shockproof

DCP. Version restaurée. 4,2. Um belo melodrama a preto&branco, porque é que ninguém o ama : não vem nos manuais?

3. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Shockproof

Absurd from start to finish.

4. Thomas's rating of the film Shockproof

A film noir with an honourable ending?!

5. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Shockproof

A fascinating curio, marking a point in the careers of Douglas Sirk (director) and Sam Fuller (then-screenwriter) before either had quite found their calling. From Fuller, you have the story of trashy cast-outs pining for a wholesome American dream, told in equal parts cynicism and shockingly unironic reverence. From Sirk, you have the lushness of the sets and proto-campy melodrama. For a moment, what a pair.

6. Ingrid Bergman's rating of the film Shockproof

When I noticed that Samuel Fuller cowrote the screenplay for "Shockproof", I anticipated an exciting noir. Instead I encountered a lackluster unconvincing film with a whitewash ending.

7. Shoko's rating of the film Shockproof

Beautiful photography and an easy to tell story. Nevertheless I enjoyed this film.

8. mjgildea's rating of the film Shockproof

2 1/2 out of 5 stars. Not the standard juicy soap opera Douglas Sirk fare, even with Samuel Fuller writing. A decent half-noir that kind of bottoms out during the 3rd act. Not essential viewing for fans of either. I won't tell you to see Shockproof, but I won't tell you to avoid it either.

9. Adam Suraf's rating of the film Shockproof

Sam Fuller noir, directed by Douglas Sirk with much melodrama.

10. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film Shockproof

Unfortunately a bit soft around the edges, considering the talent involved. The story gets off to a strong start, but quickly degenerates into mushy theatrics before a solid final act with some effective suspense scenes - but the film ends on a false note with a tacked-on ending. Allegedly, Sirk was disappointed with the film because Fuller's original screenplay was considerably watered down before production.