1. PlotnykLRTN's rating of the film Shoeshine

Прочная доза, длительное рождение. Я умер раньше, я умру снова.

2. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Shoeshine

3. Eeeeeeeeeee's rating of the film Shoeshine

bunuel amcanın sevdigi filmlerden

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Shoeshine

Fleuron exemplaire du néo-réalisme italien qui reste aussi (pour mémoire) le premier film de l'acteur Franco Interlenghi, dans le rôle du petit Pasquale Maggi... www.cinefiches.com

5. Federico Maria Baldacci's rating of the film Shoeshine

6. Luca Angelini's rating of the film Shoeshine

7. Kamran's rating of the film Shoeshine

A heartbreaking venture which called forward the neorealist film movement wherein De Sica became a celebrated figure. Shoeshine at once defines the genre while proffering De Sica with the tools and ideas to be reworked in his later neorealist masterpieces Bicycle Thieves and Umberto D, perhaps the two best examples of the specific post war movement. 89/100 - Excellent. (4.5)

8. Ghostman's rating of the film Shoeshine

A grand masterpiece. One of the best of the Italian Neorealist movement.

9. Luca Casilli's rating of the film Shoeshine

10. Samuel Righi's rating of the film Shoeshine

11. José Neves's rating of the film Shoeshine

12. Amanda A.Costa's rating of the film Shoeshine

De Sica's job in life was devastate hearts. Here we have another powerfull movie from Italian Neo realism, portraying a country destroyed by the war, where two kids have their lifes changed and being affected forever. The end is so painfull, cuts like knife.

13. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Shoeshine

14. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Shoeshine

A bit heavy-handed with the metaphor-laden horse, but still powerfully affecting.

15. Rodrigues Costa's rating of the film Shoeshine

Isn't life itself suffering too?

16. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Shoeshine

De Sica implacable como el posterior Rossellini en "Alemania año cero". Dos niños son protagonistas de una historia que, al igual que "El ladrón de bicicletas", posee un aire optimista que se disipa a propósito de un giro inesperado. Entonces los héroes serán víctimas de todo un calvario. Los sueños se frustran al igual que sus deseos sobrellevar sus dramas. De Sica reflexiona que esto es real estadísticamente.

17. apollonouta's rating of the film Shoeshine

18. Louisa Savignon's rating of the film Shoeshine

os incompreendidos melodrama version

19. nein's rating of the film Shoeshine

None of these enthusiastic opinions you can see below is overdone. It really is a great film and a shining neorealistic example. I hazard an opinion it is a way more powerful film than Rossellini's 'Rome, Open City'. This line stuck in my mind so I'll put it here: "In here they feed us, they shelter us, they give us clothes, and they even entertain us. What else could we want? This is paradise!"

20. James Devereaux's rating of the film Shoeshine

A beautiful & heartbreaking tragedy.

21. Jon's rating of the film Shoeshine

The paramount example of De Sica's mastery in directing children.

22. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Shoeshine

It is so raw and unsparing. It seems to be getting a bad rap today but I think it is an amazing film.

23. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Shoeshine