1. Aardsy's rating of the film Shogun Assassin

2. Andre Flickatina's rating of the film Shogun Assassin

this was a great intro to watching the series.. if you dig the story and want it in depth then yeah, go back and watch all the films and read the manga. but as a standalone piece it's awesome from start to finish, never lets up and has a great soundtrack to accompany it. so fun to root for wolf & daigoro, the ultimate underdogs up against insurmountable odds.

3. film_lies101's rating of the film Shogun Assassin

blah blah blah watch the originals. yeah I know, but this is a blast. Plus, the soundtrack is friggin' amazing

4. chickenwing's rating of the film Shogun Assassin

Oddly, a GZA song bought me to this movie.

5. rllr's rating of the film Shogun Assassin

I denounce Robert Houston as director of this unnecessary compilation movie from a brilliant series.

6. Daniel Paul's rating of the film Shogun Assassin

didn't like it, because it felt too much like a clip-show to me. but definitely inspired me to watch the originals!

7. Ultra Kebab's rating of the film Shogun Assassin

This is more of a mixtape, a greatest hits compilation made from the first two "Lone Wolf and Cub" movies. The dubbing is pathetic, but the soundtrack kind of makes up for it and it's still fun to watch.

8. catch_33's rating of the film Shogun Assassin

I have yet to see Lone Wolf and Cub to compare, but just based on Shogun Assassin alone I think it might hit the top of my priorities. So many memorable images, combined with a killer synthesised score and highly stylisted and inventive violence make this a truly exciting experience. Watching the dubbed version just amps up the frenetic energy which pervades the film from reel to reel. So good.

9. Gerald's rating of the film Shogun Assassin

When I was little, my father was famous. He was the greatest Samurai in the empire, and he was the Shogun's decapitator.

10. Shelley's rating of the film Shogun Assassin

this was a great movie but the voice-overs are ridiculous. very beautiful/gory my favorite part was when they find the rebels hiding in the sand.

11. Arctvrvs's rating of the film Shogun Assassin

read the manga instead! just kidding this movie is so fucking good, but in the super cheesy 80's wushu way. The manga is good as a more serious and deep story, relatively speaking. both have merits

12. Erdiawan's rating of the film Shogun Assassin

watch the original japanese version instead

13. Coheed 2.5's rating of the film Shogun Assassin

In a restored version, this goes from being a re-cut of the Lone Wolf films into its own wonderfully strange world - I over use the words 'dream' and 'dream logic', but with its dubbed voices, comic book violence and brilliant cinematography, I could have dreamt the film up rather than have seen it. The music is incredible, its dated synths the reason why it is ominous and adds an cathartic power to the work.