1. William's rating of the film Shoot the Moon

2. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Shoot the Moon

5/10, my review: http://wp.me/p1eXom-1Z4

3. Starts with a b's rating of the film Shoot the Moon

Diane Keaton's best and most over-looked performance.

4. Checkpoint Charlie's rating of the film Shoot the Moon

Not really a big fan of divorce films like this, though this one stands out with believability and very minute sentimentalism thanks to the actors and the steady direction. The ending came as sort of a shock - it is an Alan Parker film after all - but all in all it felt like it could've gathered more in its characters' lives, and not with the contrivances you see in the more generic modes of this type of story.

5. High On This Lie's rating of the film Shoot the Moon

Outstanding performances by all cast members: Finney, Keaton, and the kids. It has a non-formulaic feel while maintaining a lot of momentum. You don't know when the movie is going to end, but you know you're going forward. That said, I think the story is tighter than Faces, but close to being on par with A Woman Under the Influence.

6. Dzimas's rating of the film Shoot the Moon

Parker is no Cassavetes, and this movie is truly painful to have to sit through, even with Finney and Keaton.

7. Matt Severson's rating of the film Shoot the Moon

I have to agree with Kris on this! Keaton is extraordinary here.

8. Roscoe's rating of the film Shoot the Moon

Probably the best of the 1980s cycle of "Family Coming Apart" films, written and acted with some energy and humor. I'll never forget Keaton in the bathtub...