1. Feellikeanumber's rating of the film Shoot the Piano Player

2. Korial's rating of the film Shoot the Piano Player

Beyond a masterfully written narration - with many poignant and vivid characters and a well paced and rich plot development - Truffaut offers us a taste of his critical view on French society at the time. Gender power relations, romance and women's condition, as well as the causes and consequences of artistic success and of unlawful behaviour are indeed openly discussed. Extraordinary and clearly a masterpiece.

3. HALLENSLEBEN's rating of the film Shoot the Piano Player

4. Vincent T's rating of the film Shoot the Piano Player

5. FISCHER's rating of the film Shoot the Piano Player

Une oeuvre qui se veut un hommage aux films noirs américains que François Truffaut vénérait d'une façon inconditionnelle, qui ne fut jamais à la hauteur de son ambition et a pris un indécrottable coup de vieillesse... www.cinefiches.com

6. belemir's rating of the film Shoot the Piano Player

7. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Shoot the Piano Player

8. wiwitaek's rating of the film Shoot the Piano Player

9. James Mackin's rating of the film Shoot the Piano Player

It's a lot of fun, lots of easygoing conversations between hostages and kidnappees.

10. Walker's rating of the film Shoot the Piano Player

This might actually be my favorite Truffaut film. So charming. The soundtrack is also excellent.

11. João R's rating of the film Shoot the Piano Player

Compelling to watch such delicate, reflexive and thorough direction giving life to an apparent criminal cat-and-mouse storyline. There, it continues to engage through the dreams and hopes of Charlie. However, it knows what it wants to be about but has a hard time focusing throughout.

12. gld48's rating of the film Shoot the Piano Player

13. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Shoot the Piano Player

I never expected this movie to be as traditional / reactionary as it is. It has to be something of an hommage to classical Hollywood, because I can't see anything remotely camera stylo. That being said it is lavishly shot and very entertaining.

14. Aprilia Gunawan's rating of the film Shoot the Piano Player

"Si les cons volaient, il serait l'escardrille" HAHA

15. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Shoot the Piano Player

16. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Shoot the Piano Player

Truffaut is a filmmaker with a great sense of style and movie making in general, and it shows in his composition, pacing, and all around direction of this magnificently filmed noir. It is made with a confident grip on the craft at hand, showing that Truffaut is virtuoso auteur who knows how to wield a camera to evoke that intangible feeling of cinema itself.

17. GarfieldHawke's rating of the film Shoot the Piano Player

A surprisingly gripping journey, with an incredibly wide range of emotions that are well balanced. Gracefully flows at a fast pace.

18. vxpl's rating of the film Shoot the Piano Player

Just perfect! Loved the cinematography, the characters, the actors, the monologues. The first 20mins are just spectacular. The ending is crazy. The kidnappers are so amusing and silly. The main character is lovable and his women so diverse.

19. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Shoot the Piano Player

This is my favorite Truffaut film. Aznavour is so soulful. Marie Dubois and Delerue's score compliment him beautifully.

20. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Shoot the Piano Player

21. SpacePirate's rating of the film Shoot the Piano Player

Great early Truffaut, just a notch below Jules and Jim and 400 blows. 4.5 stars

22. Muraki's rating of the film Shoot the Piano Player

one of my favorite comedies.

23. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film Shoot the Piano Player

Forget Jules et Jim this is Truffaut's masterpiece. Funny. Sad. Post modern.

24. courtneylesueur's rating of the film Shoot the Piano Player

A bit of everything- romance, thriller, film noir, tragedy, comedy. It's a great film, and the scene in the snow is one of the most tense I've ever seen. "If I'm lying, may my mother keel over this instant"