1. alnsferraz's rating of the film Short Memory

#nós #cultura #cinema #mubi #lamemoirecourte #eduardodegregorio #jacquesrivette #nazismo #fascismo #dinheiro #ouro #memórias #humanismo #internacionalismo #judaísmo #humanidade

2. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Short Memory

Not as feverishly insane as Rivette; not as calculatedly cold as Kubrick. But fun. The funky score is half the experience.

3. guillermo's rating of the film Short Memory

Nice political film told as a detective story. Reminded me other films and books by Edgardo Kozarinsky (screenplay in this film) like "Puntos suspensivos" and "El rufìan Moldavo". Beautiful images, smart sequences.

4. captainfez's rating of the film Short Memory

Thanks to this, I've got one.

5. msmichel's rating of the film Short Memory

The confused and often convenient scripting sink this second directorial effort from De Gregorio. An early starring vehicle for Nathalie Baye does her no favours and the performance by Philippe Leotard is just awful. Saving graces are a good score by Michel Portal that often drowns out the performers (perhaps should have done so more often) and the cinematography of William Lubchansky.

6. DrFirestone's rating of the film Short Memory

A film saved by the legendary people involved - from the director to the cast. It is their magic, that unique spark between the characters and even their presence alone what elevates this film, unfortunately, to a level just above mediocrity... It is way too slow and plain boring for a thriller. The over-convoluted plot and confusing storytelling do not help at all. I'd only recommend it for its historical value.

7. Bilouaustria's rating of the film Short Memory

It looks like we´ve seen this before, or does it? If you pay attention to details, the editing in particular, which jumps into the past, jump cuts from the story she reads into present again, if you appreciate the cinematography from Lubtchansky and the rich cast with Rivette (!) in a major role, you will fall for this mysterious thriller. Captivating first half. Baye and Leotard, partners at the time, are perfect.

8. Jason's rating of the film Short Memory

De Gregorio was responsible for helping co-engineer a couple stunning Jacques Rivette masterpieces wherein the domain of the conspiratorial is elevated practically to a metaphysics. Jacques even dutifully shows up in this, de Gregario's stab at directing one of his own. (How have I previously failed to note how much Rivette resembles Antonin Artaud?) SLOW MEMORY, though fascinating, is more turgid than any Rivette.

9. Lance Mepham's rating of the film Short Memory

Wonderful film. First 20 mins were a little hard to take in, but enjoyed selection of films. Well done MUBU!

10. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Short Memory

11. Bécot Georges's rating of the film Short Memory

Intéressant et un scénario très bien construit ! Des cadres et une photo remarquable. A voir.

12. Didonne's rating of the film Short Memory

Il s'agit davantage d'un jeu de piste que d'un thriller car la façon de traiter l'intrigue est insolite. Plans en noir et blanc, en couleur, images fixes, documents d'archive s'enchaînent, Les nombreux portraits photographiques forment un fil conducteur jusqu'au dénouement marqué par un portrait télévisuel et un portrait robot. Etonnant !

13. Ludovic72's rating of the film Short Memory

Une vraie curiosité, rien que par la présence de Jacques Rivette au casting... mais aussi grâce à une construction parfois déroutante, jonglant entre l'enquête "au présent" et divers flashbacks. Nathalie Baye et Philippe Léotard (alors en couple dans la vraie vie) sont assez convaincants dans cet imbroglio. Mais pour un thriller, le rythme et les scènes d'action laissent à désirer... à cause d'un budget trop réduit ?

14. Diderot's rating of the film Short Memory

I hope this double feature of Eduardo De Gregorio means these movies are getting a US DVD release, because it's about fucking time. He should rank among the greatest greats. His and Rivette's joining forces after the latter's completion of Out 1 was a divine intervention in the history of cinema, an affinity made in heaven. (And thank you Nathalie Baye, for being Nathalie Baye.)

15. Erik F.'s rating of the film Short Memory

16. David R Williams's rating of the film Short Memory

Like "Surreal Estate" this starts out well but quickly putters to an agonizingly slow pace that tends to repeat itself needlessly. Great concept. Not so great execution.

17. Nicole's rating of the film Short Memory

18. koolacct's rating of the film Short Memory

3.5 - A mid stakes thriller with really intriguing scene and story—and sporadic but meaningful underscore (perhaps sound design+the score) which adds to a slow crescendo of heightened alert.

19. Loz Loory's rating of the film Short Memory

2.5 Make that telegraphing piano music stop! Found the dialogue between Julie and Barila frustratingly slow and unnecessarily cryptic. The script wants to be "Notorious," but really, there's no tension or high stakes. Barila and Julie are interesting characters who deserved a better plotline. Yet another film trying to assuage the collective guilt of the French population for being complicit with the Germans.

20. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Short Memory

This was just not for me. It tries to be a political thriller involving spies, nazis, foreign intrigue... but it does so at such a slow pace and low level of interest. I felt very detached from the film the entire time. *Yawn* However... the drop-dead gorgeous Nathalie Baye makes almost anything worth watching. She is quite good throughout this ho-hum of a "thriller."

21. Kevin's rating of the film Short Memory

It takes a minute to get into, but once in it is hard to stop watching until the bitter end, and it is a bitter end. It feels like a lost world until we think of backroom deals with Russians to win an election, the runaway world of guns in America, and race instead of criminal politics. Why don’t we have more of this director?

22. Gianluca Pulsoni's rating of the film Short Memory

Fantastic film. The ability of De Gregorio as a storyteller was and still is priceless. Perfect acting and staging combined with an in-depth and tragic sense of the contemporary history.

23. Eric Miller's rating of the film Short Memory

This movie storyline is hard to keep up with it doesn't have a true motif except finding what happened to a man who was killed. It didn't do a good job of truly explaining why he was killed. The cinematography was good it had different angles and shots that protected the city in a different way. The movie had some vibrant colors but I wish it would have used more to spice up the film a little more.

24. Kavionna's rating of the film Short Memory

This film had me on my toes it was heart wrenching and I enjoyed the film but it creeped me out a little bit .What haunted me most, though, was the morally compromising nature of our "heroes", who are really fighting to avenge people just as bad as those who killed them. These characters were ordinary, everyday, people. That is far scarier.