1. malachiesipucheala94's rating of the film Show Me A Hero

5 e super super blana rebirth of slick datenncmcmmcmcmm faci in 2015 film despre rasism in 87 cu digable planets si totusiNUAICUMBA

2. Peter Walsh's rating of the film Show Me A Hero

A high-stakes local politics procedural which delves into the personal cost of front line legislature. The pace at which things unfolded kept it interesting in an unexpected way.

3. Jason's rating of the film Show Me A Hero

So, it is obviously a credit to SHOW ME A HERO that it remains steadfastly compelling. It's about municipal politics. In frickin' Yonkers. So remaining compelling is impressive. And it's not demanding or pleading. It is quietly compelling. Not showoff. Yeah. I kinda dug it. But I cannot possibly be the only person to notice that minority characters are represented for almost the sole purpose of being illustrative.

4. Federico Boswarlos's rating of the film Show Me A Hero

5. Pedro's rating of the film Show Me A Hero

10/5 David Simon. Nothing else to be mentioned.

6. muh.'s rating of the film Show Me A Hero

who knew that the housing situation in yonkers would turn out to be an interesting topic. it all goes to show that strength of good storytelling, proper use of social issues (and revealing them to the wider public) and believable characters go a very long way. now if there were more interviews and lectures with simon i'd be a very happy camper indeed.

7. Renton47's rating of the film Show Me A Hero

I am so torn lately between my desire to transcend humanism and my acknowledgement that there is only humans. David Simon is my greatest hope for the latter. What's stunning is how his aversion to myth-making and his subversion of the title only serves to further his encompassing empathy. In all their pettiness there is only humans, and perhaps that's what's so heartbreaking for me to accept.

8. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film Show Me A Hero

David Simon is either an extraordinary modern philosopher or the greatest sociologist of our time. Perhaps both. The morality tales that strengthen his writing reveal a great understanding of the human condition while avoiding judgment. It's also fantastic to see how he's able to translate dense and complex themes into the cinematic world so seamlessly.

9. eek's rating of the film Show Me A Hero

Show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy.

10. thomasjeff16's rating of the film Show Me A Hero

You can never go wrong with David Simon.

11. Zac Weber's rating of the film Show Me A Hero

Oscar Isaac is outstanding in the lead. The drama is gripping and unsettling, and showcases a certain type of racism that still feels contemporary. Multiple story arcs build throughout the mini-series, and I appreciated the approach taken to the public housing residents. My favorite moments were the scenes where the two older black women talked to each other. This one is worth your time.

12. Mark Tallo's rating of the film Show Me A Hero

Brilliant! You want what wrong with American politics and government it is all here. It is a six hour drama about housing and, despite the wonkish subject matter, it held my attention throughout. Well worth the time investment you put into it.