1. DSPRKY's rating of the film Showgirls

2. spasmolytic's rating of the film Showgirls

3. Abras's rating of the film Showgirls

ganda sofrimento chegar ao fim, mas é a unica parte fixe

4. garp grable's rating of the film Showgirls

Bitter and angry, tender and humane, Showgirls celebrates our childlike yearning to be fabulous and be loved while railing against the power structures and individuals that exploit that desire. Berkley is perfectly cast as Nomi, full of wide-eyed earnestness and palpable ambition, but believably defensive, a survivor of the pop culture gristmill. A campy, non-condescending view of America in all of its flawed glory.

5. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Showgirls

A determidly vulgar and brash surface belies the satiric undercurrent of this monstrous child of a film. It's almost Verhoeven's Sirkian moment, albeit lit in tawdry neon. The feeling of a juggernaut with it's brakes cut, careering towards its deserved targets permeates through the shallow trash aesthetic with thrilling knowingness. Nevertheless it's an unedifying, albeit kinetic, spectacle (but so is the bullseye).

6. jenstor's rating of the film Showgirls

I've never felt drama so deeply

7. ironbound's rating of the film Showgirls

Berkley is seriously underrated

8. dave gunn's rating of the film Showgirls

Nomi is a true bad-ass, and she ain't no whore.

9. Ana Patrícia's rating of the film Showgirls

Doggy chow is my favorite. Also the way she throws the fries and puts ketchup on. LOL

10. mimivulturul's rating of the film Showgirls

11. itchycoil's rating of the film Showgirls

if you cant enjoy this you don't like cinema....

12. C's rating of the film Showgirls

everyone who thinks this is a bad movie or is only good ironically is my enemy

13. Tibulle85's rating of the film Showgirls

(Vu kekpar sur le web) Un film avec une réputation ambiguë qui a signé le divorce entre la (pseudo-)puritaine Amérique et Verhoeven. Plus largemt, ce film crépusculaire marque aussi la fin d'une époque "libérée" du cinéma grand public US. Plus cynique que jamais, le réalisateur livre ici un portrait au vitriol du capitalisme amoral et violent de Las Vegas, le corps de la femme devenant pure-marchandise. Une pépite!

14. EYELASHMITE's rating of the film Showgirls

15. Nabil Hamzaki's rating of the film Showgirls

"There's always someone younger and hungrier coming down the stairs after you."

16. captainfez's rating of the film Showgirls

A movie so B they could've called it HIVE.

17. sadie's rating of the film Showgirls

18. Marcelo Fornari's rating of the film Showgirls

The fact that it was so poorly received and bashed shows how hard is for some Americans to actually relate with smart satirical views of their society.

19. Balthaz21's rating of the film Showgirls

20. Log Lady's rating of the film Showgirls

Would be infinitely better without Berkley. Whoever thought she could handle the role must have been insane. I wish I could have appreciated the satire, but I mainly just lapped up the colours and the grotesque representation of the Golden Age movie musical. I mean, a few boringly ridiculous lines doesn't yet make a good satire. This is more like a train made to seem like it was purposefully derailed.

21. RodrigoPereira's rating of the film Showgirls

The billboard in the end closing up on Nomi's eyes, Dr. Eckleburg's eyes above the valley of the ashes in The Great Gatsby... Perfectly and most of all cunningly executed.

22. Sarika Joglekar's rating of the film Showgirls

wanted to love it, but just didn't dislike it. fun to discover what is sure to have inspired perfect blue and black swan.

23. Alcock Hitchfred's rating of the film Showgirls

How can one even watch this sober ??

24. Ege Okal's rating of the film Showgirls

Overrated B movie with cheesy lines. Nomi is painful to watch, but I guess that is considered satirical. I truly believe this film puts the audience into a Stockholm Syndrome, because the stupid lines, terrible make-up & nails and aggressive gestures of Nomi gets stuck in your brain. I want to forget...PS. What the hell is Dale Cooper doing in there?