1. Deiner's rating of the film Shrek

"No, not the buttons! Not my gumdrop buttons!" sixteen years later and I still remember the lines of that scene perfectly, in fact, of most of the movie.

2. Richard Tines's rating of the film Shrek

If Woody Allen had grown up on a diet of MAD magazine and Beavis and Butthead, instead of classic film and literature, he might have made this similarly hyper referential movie...good for a laugh, and it does contain John Cale's rendition of Hallelujah, but I've never really been one for toilet humor...not that that's all this film's got going for it, there are some genuinely clever jokes here...

3. dordairobert's rating of the film Shrek

4. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Shrek

Never will there be a character introduction more epic than Shrek kicking open the door to "Some...BODY once told me," after taking a massive dump (I assume it was massive cause, you know...ogre).

5. jonthelizard's rating of the film Shrek

6. Alessandro Molina's rating of the film Shrek

7. BernardoDiniz's rating of the film Shrek

8. hamsa's rating of the film Shrek

9. starlolix's rating of the film Shrek

10. ceknklsn's rating of the film Shrek

11. Mark O. Stack's rating of the film Shrek

That scene in I Am Legend where Will Smith recites this movie's dialogue from memory is proof of the cultural impact of this film.

12. James Mackin's rating of the film Shrek

13. henryfrust's rating of the film Shrek

El humor sarcástico y doble sentido, aunado al romance poco ortodoxo entre los protagonistas es lo que hace a Shrek una de mis películas animadas preferidas de todos los tiempos.

14. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film Shrek

15. vxpl's rating of the film Shrek

16. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Shrek

17. Nikki Barnhart's rating of the film Shrek

18. AnnalieseVevo's rating of the film Shrek

a stirring allegory of dick cheney making money off the iraq war

19. Clara C.'s rating of the film Shrek

Efficace, drôle et nouveau ! rien à dire

20. Mao Flores's rating of the film Shrek

HAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

21. MAO1's rating of the film Shrek

22. Ian Fitzgerald's rating of the film Shrek

23. fortheoswin's rating of the film Shrek

24. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Shrek

Big middle finger to the fairy tales. The pop-culture approach on the classic tales really benefited Dreamworks to distinguish from the Disney style, creating a monster franchising able to grant them a place on the animation studios first class.