1. Nikki Barnhart's rating of the film Shut Up and Play the Hits

I'm surprised and a bit ashamed on how long it took me to actually watch this, considering how much I love LCD Soundsystem and Chuck Klosterman. Visually gorgeous in every aspect, and a fascinating mediation on celebrity with the juxtaposition of the vivid concert shots and the quietly contemplative shots of Murphy's private life.

2. Gabi Pimentel's rating of the film Shut Up and Play the Hits

Tem LCD Soundsystem. Tem James Murphy. Dito isso, se dispensa reviews.

3. smndvdcl's rating of the film Shut Up and Play the Hits

Lauded within the scene, but still slightly under-the-radar in the mainstream. From their early hits 'Daft Punk Is Playing At My House' and 'Tribulations', their marvellous mid-era of 'Someone Great' and 'All My Friends, and then their legacy sealing 'I Can Change'. Despite this farewell final gig documentary, it seems they're back for more in 2016, can't wait.

4. bryanvmh's rating of the film Shut Up and Play the Hits

A beautiful story made meaningless

5. antibody's rating of the film Shut Up and Play the Hits

made me a fan of a band i didn't like. great 'fat guy' style

6. RENO NISMARA.'s rating of the film Shut Up and Play the Hits

bonus: a look at chuck klosterman's interview technique.

7. René Maya's rating of the film Shut Up and Play the Hits

Una mirada íntima a la lucha que presenta para James Murphy dejar ir a LCD Soundsystem, y todo lo que ello conlleva, entre un collage de eventos que rodearon su último concierto

8. celestenorth's rating of the film Shut Up and Play the Hits

GRAN concierto de LCD Soundsystem, dan ganas de bailar con todas sus canciones. La cinematografía del concierto impresionante. El documental... se queda corto. James Murphy queda un poco como un músico talentoso pasando por la crisis de los 40.

9. Arunee Sarasetsiri's rating of the film Shut Up and Play the Hits

I like how the pug scenes let us see James Murphy as a person, in contrary to how he sees David Bowie.

10. Catarina Fernandes's rating of the film Shut Up and Play the Hits

11. jxn's rating of the film Shut Up and Play the Hits

i picked this up for $5 which is criminally cheap but considering the blu-ray contained the full concert as well but i expected more from this "documentary". that being said it captures the show perfectly and it's incredibly pleasing to watch. that final frame!

12. Clayton Wong's rating of the film Shut Up and Play the Hits

There will always be somebody there for you, and you'll never be alone.

13. juanitarrr's rating of the film Shut Up and Play the Hits

It's amazing how the vibe of the concert is transmitted by this movie, I couldn't stop dancing while watching it!

14. aloxondro's rating of the film Shut Up and Play the Hits

Vou te falar, é um documentário. Documentou um show, e as 48h do James Murphy. É um documentário. O fato de muita gente reclamar que foi somente um show com declarações de Murphy é um pouco baixo se você acompanhou o LCD Soundsystem. Acho que muita coisa é dita entre a entrevista e as letras da música dele. E a última música é uma sequência linda, com uma bela direção.

15. Paulo Machado's rating of the film Shut Up and Play the Hits

Passa longe de um documentário. Triste adeus de uma puta banda.

16. Matt Kilgore's rating of the film Shut Up and Play the Hits

17. marcorenton's rating of the film Shut Up and Play the Hits

Note to self: be kind, be kind; be kind.

18. Mathieu Verbeeck's rating of the film Shut Up and Play the Hits

Arousing and tear-stained document of LCD Soundsystem's swansong gig in April of 2011. And stunning concert footage. ✮✮✮✮

19. Mariana Basílio's rating of the film Shut Up and Play the Hits

a film that also follows james murphy's relationship with his pug. life changing

20. nejurgi's rating of the film Shut Up and Play the Hits

to all the fans: definitely worth sharing a tear and some camera shots are of indescribable beauty

21. Rza's rating of the film Shut Up and Play the Hits

I fucking miss this band.

22. nargs_au's rating of the film Shut Up and Play the Hits

Watching this at an outdoor cinema in summer with surround sound is just amazing.

23. Smooj Betty Phace's rating of the film Shut Up and Play the Hits

I love LCD and James Murphy (even more now that I know he likes espresso), but this is not a documentary, it's just a DVD for a live show.

24. DSPRKY's rating of the film Shut Up and Play the Hits

I watched the farewell concert live on Pitchfork back in 2011. This is mostly a rehash of that night, which is admittedly still a lot of fun (45:33 live is just insane!). The problem is that the non-concert stuff is boring. I didn't even know that was Chuck Klosterman until after, but boy is he ever a dopey journalist. Shut up and let James Murphy play the hits.