1. Lance L O T's rating of the film Shutter Island

I had know there was a plot twist and that may have affected my viewing experience. Having said that, the beginning and the first 30 minutes of tension in that film and of DiCaprio's eagerness as a detective sets us up for something like that, for a mise en abyme which is no longer a surprise and the cleaver plot twist is so cleaver, it is quite elaborate and anti-climatic. Not a rewatchable like so many by Scorsese.

2. Justin Frujine's rating of the film Shutter Island

3. richardlawrn's rating of the film Shutter Island

this is one of those films that makes you wonder what the fuck is going on during its 2 hours+. and it's very good, I didn't get bored, but it made me anxious. Leo gave one of his best performances (that I have seen) and the cinematography, editing, effects... everything was beautifully done. I, not even for ONE second, never guessed what was going on on that fucking island.

4. ø's rating of the film Shutter Island

"what a clever movie with a great twist" - said, every IMDb user ever.

5. astygianelysium's rating of the film Shutter Island

Is reality really so cheaply secured as in the last 20 minutes of Shutter Island? The film's aesthetics-as-technical-exercise, coupled with its sensationalized representations of (historical and personal) trauma, left me cold. Mildly redeemed by some of the supporting characters, whose performances nuance the line between performativity and madness. A decent film to think against, though, in a pedagogical setting.

6. Sahand Mohajer's rating of the film Shutter Island

This is my favorite movie DiCaprio has been a part of. I can't believe Shutter Island was overshadowed by Inception.

7. bonucci's rating of the film Shutter Island

8. Fabiha's rating of the film Shutter Island

"Did you know that the word 'trauma' comes from the Greek for 'wound'? And what is the German word for 'dream'? Traum. Ein Traum. Wounds can create monsters, and you, you are wounded."

9. J. O.'s rating of the film Shutter Island

An experiment in blending places and personalities - while making use of horror elements and maintaining a neo-noir atmosphere. Ambitious, fairly successful, and highly entertaining - the drawback would be the overly convoluted (but somehow still ambiguous) resolution and the half-assed commentary on psychiatric practices. What could've been a head-scratcher becomes more or less implausible from every angle.

10. Carl Penguin's rating of the film Shutter Island

11. Star Lord's rating of the film Shutter Island

Gran film, da vedere assolutamente. Realtà e finzione si mescolano in modo perfetto.

12. bunkbedd's rating of the film Shutter Island

still not sure about the truth. even the penultimate line only drove me towards one of the probability by a small margin and it could still work the other way. this is crazy

13. Cherry's rating of the film Shutter Island

2.5- this is probably too harsh I just really didn't like it when I first saw it

14. dordairobert's rating of the film Shutter Island

15. hemachandra's rating of the film Shutter Island

16. MistaRichard's rating of the film Shutter Island

What if everyone's just humouring you because you're obnoxiously crazy? (They are)

17. Conor Black's rating of the film Shutter Island

18. Erica Narduzzi's rating of the film Shutter Island

Geniale. Non dico altro perché è tutto da scoprire.

19. nyyssonen's rating of the film Shutter Island

Reliance on paranoia and misdirection can take a lot out of a good script because it becomes difficult to know what to believe, but what I liked about this film is the way it managed to tell two very different narratives that complement each other and ultimately share the same message.

20. Duarte Lages's rating of the film Shutter Island

21. Ordon's rating of the film Shutter Island

book is probably way better imo

22. CanonFiller's rating of the film Shutter Island

Lack of subtlety in its visual clues makes for an easy guess and spoils the major plot twist of the movie too early. A second viewing was a drag. Great soundtrack. Nifty camerawork. Hated the soundproofing and cheapness of some characters and "scary" moments. DiCaprio's face is huge. Sir Ben is a charm. Extra points for Leo's tie.

23. Vaida Kazlauskaitė's rating of the film Shutter Island

Eerie. Witty. Gripping. Keeps you wondering. Endures.

24. Glue Sniffer's rating of the film Shutter Island

Naprawde dobry, mroczny film!