1. bryanvmh's rating of the film Sid & Nancy

2. Z's rating of the film Sid & Nancy

if a director is really lucky they might achieve one masterpiece in their lifetime. This is Alex Cox's second brilliant, scattershot home run after "Repo Man." "Sid & Nancy" is the definitive punk biopic by virtue of not giving a shit about being a biopic. The film captures people living in a moment, living in the now, living for the high and living for each other. Cox serves up a heroin induced "Romeo and Juliet."

3. Eduardo Azevedo's rating of the film Sid & Nancy

Romeo and Juliet but with punk and heroin! Hell yeah!!

4. SeemsLikeFun's rating of the film Sid & Nancy

It has some strong scenes especially towards the end but it's a bit too jokey for much of it.

5. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Sid & Nancy

(3) Pretty good, and great cinematography from Roger Deakins, although some of the early scenes of Punks are a bit "Gizzard Puke" - John and Sid are so Punk they can't eat Baked Beans without them falling out of their mouths - and the ending is unnecessarily twee.

6. Lewis Taylor's rating of the film Sid & Nancy

Don't let them take you alive, eh Sid?

7. smndvdcl's rating of the film Sid & Nancy

Punk and heroin make a dystopian combination. Forget John and Yoko, there was far more of a destructive connection between these two. Remarkable method performances that may seem hyperbolic, but in the infantile interpretations of anarchism with the Sex Pistols, this is pretty on the mark.

8. Aardsy's rating of the film Sid & Nancy

Unpleasant and ugly. So, accurate?

9. senitree's rating of the film Sid & Nancy

10. James Mackin's rating of the film Sid & Nancy

This is a really romantic movie about two people who aren't great at living.

11. Ethan's rating of the film Sid & Nancy

Gary Oldman is amazing in this as he totally embodies Sid Vicious. This is a solid movie from Alex Cox I just wish he got a better actress to play Nancy.

12. Mao Flores's rating of the film Sid & Nancy

I would have paid to see this movie.. but my mom said i would just use the money for drugs. Anywhoooo..... GARY AS FFUCKING SID?!? who knew he'd be a dead ringer

13. Kortirion's rating of the film Sid & Nancy

All you need to know about punk is the word that follows it in genre naming convention: rock.

14. crnstsc's rating of the film Sid & Nancy

15. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Sid & Nancy

I don't think I've ever seen something that captured the infantilization of addiction so well. Not even Trainspotting made drugs seem less appealing imo

16. Egoisms's rating of the film Sid & Nancy

Chloe Webb wasn't annoying. Nancy Spungen was. That Webb wore the mask so well that people attacked her instead of Nancy for being unbearably histrionic (it's a personality type; it's not "over-acting") is testament to the greatness of her performance. But, really, Nancy was fucking awful. Good riddance.

17. caitlin.f's rating of the film Sid & Nancy

18. Antonio León Medina's rating of the film Sid & Nancy

Me hizo recordar mis tiempos de punk. Refleja claramente la vida excesiva y tormentosa de Sid Vicius, quien encontró en Nancy una compañera incondicional a quien amaba a su manera. Punk Love.

19. Siaudebert's rating of the film Sid & Nancy

Not bad but annoying sometimes

20. Tigrão's rating of the film Sid & Nancy

Gary Oldman is (again) phenomenal.

21. Deiner's rating of the film Sid & Nancy

Gary Oldman is spectacular here. What a wonderful actor he is. Interestingly enough, I really had high expectations of Chloe Webb since when the movie came out, it was she the one who got awards recognition and not Oldman, and yet, she's a step behind Oldman in terms of consistency because her performance felt forced and overacted at times. She's amazing in the last act of the film though.

22. Mehmet Ali Karar's rating of the film Sid & Nancy

sex pistols un bass gitaristi sid vicious un trajik yaşamını belgeleyen, doğrudan ve acımasızca gösteren harika bir yapım. nancy ve sid in aşkları, acıları, sevinçlerini konu alan ve birazda dönemin gençliğine selam yollayan nostaljik punk yapımı.

23. KafkaesqueKyle's rating of the film Sid & Nancy

I really don't want to agree with what people are saying about Chloe Webb's performance, but I have to now after watching the whole thing. I don't think it really brought the movie down though. I recall this DVD I own of the pistols playing in '78 and how this movie fits the punk atmosphere of it all. Also, I mean, c'mon. Gary Oldman's performance is stellar.

24. Nukasvianta's rating of the film Sid & Nancy