1. SpacePirate's rating of the film Sidewalk Stories

Great modern rendition of Chaplin's The Kid. I am unfamiliar with other works by Lane but after viewing it makes me want to seek them out. The ending is super cool and took me by surprise. A very interesting film, with a nice mix of comedy and deep emotions. Worth a look

2. Feng Ling's rating of the film Sidewalk Stories

this is not a good/helpful review, but: it sure did offer some great relaxation by the bathtub.

3. naokoken's rating of the film Sidewalk Stories

4. corycorycorycory's rating of the film Sidewalk Stories

I can honestly say I've never seen anything like this. Awesome, just awesome. I wish I could get my hands on more of Charles Lane's work, or that he made more!

5. Nan Bauer's rating of the film Sidewalk Stories

Graceful, sweet love letter to a vanished New York. Charles Lane is wonderful as the artist. Not easy to pull of modern-day Chaplin, but he does it.

6. mpho3's rating of the film Sidewalk Stories

Love the street scenes of late '80s NYC and parts of the score but any film requires a suspension of disbelief, and I just couldn't get all the way there. Whether SS is uniquely sophisticated but overly cute or overly sophisticated but uniquely cute, it left me trapped between wanting to watch and wanting to turn it off. Glad I stuck it out because I did appreciate its commentary on class issues. 3.5 stars

7. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Sidewalk Stories

Classic, poetical, touching, amazing soundtrack. That's five, sure.

8. caitlin.f's rating of the film Sidewalk Stories

what a bizarre, goofy, sweet film -- really great.

9. Federico Boswarlos's rating of the film Sidewalk Stories

Un film tres emouvant, drole et dechirent. Ou est Charles Lane, aujourd'hui?

10. Ben Loory's rating of the film Sidewalk Stories

3 star film with an 8 star ending

11. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Sidewalk Stories

12. Edgar Vargas's rating of the film Sidewalk Stories

never got into silent cinema. may have to now after watching this

13. globalposse@hotmail.com's rating of the film Sidewalk Stories

A masterpiece! An unrecognized gem! Homage to the silent greats! One of the most beautifully crafted films ever.

14. Miggy Angel's rating of the film Sidewalk Stories

15. Pigpaffchen's rating of the film Sidewalk Stories

16. Chris Gillespie's rating of the film Sidewalk Stories

A beautiful and heartbreaking tale. Well edited with music. Another rare gem from Mubi.

17. Jefferson's rating of the film Sidewalk Stories

I love when he looks at the camera!

18. baba lola's rating of the film Sidewalk Stories

19. Max.Madrid's rating of the film Sidewalk Stories

20. El Biffo's rating of the film Sidewalk Stories

Independent Black cinema, and (almost entirely) silent cinema! Beautiful and inspired re-make of Charlie Chaplin's THE KID. Quite stunning and moving, this is the most original and creative re-make I have ever seen. A labor of love, and you can feel the love when you watch it. Just released on blu-ray, highly recommended for anyone who loves silent cinema or has any feelings whatsoever.

21. Zane Curtis-Olsen's rating of the film Sidewalk Stories