1. Görkem Demir's rating of the film Sideways

2. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Sideways

3. wiwitaek's rating of the film Sideways

One way to advertise wine and hedonistic lifestyle. Checked.

4. Damon Weathers's rating of the film Sideways

Not my favorite Alexander Payne flick, but definitely up there

5. Myles's rating of the film Sideways

6. DenoResandono's rating of the film Sideways

SIDEWAYS is a very entertaining road movie. I liked the simplicity of its storytelling. Yes, the story is simple so most people will easy to enjoy this movie. Beside as a director, Alexander Payne is a good talented writer. SIDEWAYS is a proof that he could make such a simple story but has a deeper characterization. SIDEWAYS able to make us cared to its two main characters. They are likable, although they're pathetic

7. Joao Sobral's rating of the film Sideways

1,5 Tales of bourgeois white male characters struggling

8. blkrchs's rating of the film Sideways

9. Stefan Stefan's rating of the film Sideways

10. spasmolytic's rating of the film Sideways

Sort of hard to watch a man sulking so hard over a ex. It's almost as annoying as the protagonist of Swingers, but this one redeems itself in many other ways, and it's one of the only films of this genre I can stand.

11. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Sideways

12. Joel Shelton's rating of the film Sideways

An enjoyable but overall flawed road movie. It works on many levels and offers interesting characterization. However, it often feels unorganized and lacks consistency in its direction. I also could've done without the montage sequences. They often felt like wine commercials. Warmly recommended if you have nothing else to watch.

13. Tiago Gonçalves's rating of the film Sideways

That's why I prefer beer. It only makes me think about pissing.

14. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film Sideways

A sharply written and thoughtful dramatic comedy directed by a master of the genre: Alexander Payne. It is filled with interesting, charming and colorful characters. What makes their strength is that their flaws and complexity makes them more human. Giamatti and Haden Church makes a perfect pair together. I ain't a wine lover but I would have loved a bottle while watching it. "I am NOT drinking any fucking Merlot!"

15. Joe Hackman's rating of the film Sideways

I love red wine, so this movie struck a chord. Performances are good, but the script takes a while to find its footing.

16. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film Sideways

A brilliant capture of a time and a place.

17. larsmars's rating of the film Sideways

must be a californian wine commercial

18. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Sideways

Take a good script, let it flow, and you've got a fantastic comedy.

19. senitree's rating of the film Sideways

Negative + Negative = Positive

20. auloel's rating of the film Sideways

21. James Mackin's rating of the film Sideways

I'm not a huge fan of Alexander Payne movies, but this just hits the spot.

22. güneycan's rating of the film Sideways

The 'unfitingness' of the couple adds nothing but even more fun into their chemistry. An exemplary character depiction by Giamatti; hard to beleive that he's not inventing the Miles' posture, his way of climbing of stairs, putting the glass on the table etc. right in front of the camera.

23. Linn's rating of the film Sideways

Just recently thought about how much more difficult it is to make a really good comedy as opposed to almost any other genre. And there it is: Alexander Payne's roadmovie "Sideways", a perfect mix of scenes that will make you fall off your sofa laughing, great observations and contemplations about life in general and wine in particular and a looming melancholy, perfectly embodied by Paul Giamatti. Stellar!

24. lowplacelikehome's rating of the film Sideways