1. Marianne Kătelyn's rating of the film Sieranevada

Românii moştenesc din tată-n fiu o resemnare mută care se schimbă în apatie şi această apatie este susţinută încă de neştiinţa lor; de unde moleşirea voinţei și alterarea caracterului. Fiind dintotdeauna dotaţi cu o inteligenţă superioară, dar ţinută în loc, paralizată de o trândăvie impusă de împrejurările nefericite ale istoriei, au criticat pe oamenii lor, fără să fi făcut sforţări în a îndrepta ceea ce criticau.

2. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Sieranevada

Provides a generous number of disconcerting and delightful episodes, yet a bit overlong (3.5 stars)

3. Aur Ora B's rating of the film Sieranevada

Extremely impressive portrait of a family, shot and told with extraordinary care for its characters and for the world they inhabit

4. crnstsc's rating of the film Sieranevada

5. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Sieranevada

6. José Neves's rating of the film Sieranevada

PC. If Jude made a magnum opus about the theatricality of human comedy, Puiu sublimated it under a continuous stream of play between the actors and the camera, in permanent sequence-shots, where realism is subjected to an inexorable corrosion. Faced with the dementia of this group, appears in splendor the ways of a comedy that finds in Buñuel's "El Ángel Exterminador" its matrix: before humanity we can only laugh.

7. pirri's rating of the film Sieranevada

8. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film Sieranevada

Sorprendente. La stessa tecnica di regia che aveva instillato in me dello scetticismo nella prima sequenza è la stessa che mi ha convinto della qualità del film col passare dei minuti, rivelandosi efficace ed innovativa. Tanti episodi concentrati in uno spazio angusto, collegati tra loro da porte di una vecchia casa e tante sigarette. Un'opera pianosequenziale da manuale, estremamente coinvolgente.

9. Jérémy Poirier's rating of the film Sieranevada

An enormous achievement in storytelling and technicality. Puiu deserves a fucking prize for having been able to cram so much characters, subplots, themes and conversations in one space. This film is nearly 3 hours long and it needs to be. This would make an amazing VR film viewing experience. Some of the most needed and contagious laughing I've seen in a film. This film is why I go to the movies. 4.5 stars.

10. Royce Jr.'s rating of the film Sieranevada

11. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Sieranevada

Three hours of family disputes over conspiracy theories, communism, religion, cheating, buying wrong costumes. Doors open, shut, open, the restless camera tries to keep up with all that’s going on, observing all these characters who all seem tense - and very real. And then of course some secrets are revealed, some remain hidden. Quite exhausting three hours that was, but that’s how family gatherings tend to be.

12. redux's rating of the film Sieranevada

Just people (a lot of them), and a sense of tragicomic vérité. Nobody does this better than the Romanians right now.

13. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film Sieranevada

As I briefly shared with Mr. Puiu himself, I witnessed it all in my family when dad died few years ago. And as I concluded: THANK YOU, sir!

14. Genadijus L.'s rating of the film Sieranevada

Within 170 minutes you experience such an enormous amplitude of topics reaching politics, religion, social issues, disputes and most of all personal conflicts of each characters and their relationships. C. Puiu delivers a docudrama, but doesn't forget comic and tragic aspects which are always followed by our special ocassions and social interactions.

15. Pedja's rating of the film Sieranevada

Astonishing wisdom of an everyday life is here, and it's real like ...

16. fearraigh's rating of the film Sieranevada

It's impressive enough from a technical point of view, the vast majority of the action taking place in one apartment, without it ever feeling either claustrophic or stagey. But the performances and the script elevate it to the level of a masterpiece. An ensemble piece that is forever stimulating, brimming with ideas and stories and sub-stories. Yet another brilliant film by Cristi Puiu.

17. dordairobert's rating of the film Sieranevada

18. Trickstian Shantih's rating of the film Sieranevada

19. Alice Cerconi's rating of the film Sieranevada

3.5 a bit tired of seeing over and over again how the Romanian community & traditions are exploited in a very realistic manner, but it captures very well the essence and behaviors so rooted in our society.

20. msmichel's rating of the film Sieranevada

Cristi Puiu's latest is a universal tale of family gathering; this one for a ceremony for the family patriarch. Brilliantly scripted touching on wounds both fresh and ancient throughout as the extended family interact in the most genuine and exacting of ways. Basically taking place in real time the three hour runtime never wears out its welcome and we're left to marvel at the claustrophobic shooting structure.

21. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Sieranevada

22. paksi's rating of the film Sieranevada

What's going on when you're dead and gone.

23. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Sieranevada