1. Andrew's rating of the film Sightseers

It's Mike Leigh's NUTS IN MAY meets Bobcat Goldthwait's GOD BLESS AMERICA

2. I.Camera's rating of the film Sightseers

Fred and Rose West go caravanning, in another peculiar film from Wheatley, who delights in the quirks and insecurities of the lower-middle class English, with its resentments, caravans, small dogs and poor food. It starts with the Edgar Wright format & gives it a darker twist. Wheatley would soon go into more interesting territory, but this is entertaining for anyone who can remember the hell of an English holiday.

3. Nicole's rating of the film Sightseers

'Least Banjo got to live.

4. jeremy foley's rating of the film Sightseers

5. QNorris9001's rating of the film Sightseers

Wicked in the best sense of the word. A perfectly pitch black comedy.

6. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Sightseers

That's my sense of humor. Dark and twisted. It's a bit of a balancing act in terms of how far to go. Perfectly cast and acted.

7. Loz Loory's rating of the film Sightseers

Somehow I enjoy the conceit much more in retrospect. A couple's first road trip is always a make-or-break moment in the relationship. It's amusing to think of what this couple finds out about each other, and how they rationalize putting up with each other. The camera work and lighting is a bit shoddy, which intrudes on one's enjoyment of the black comedy.

8. Eri's rating of the film Sightseers

9. Malcolm Harris's rating of the film Sightseers

Great lead performances, funny script, solid directing. An indie movie in all the best ways but in none of the bad ones; it doesn't feel cheap or haphazard at all.

10. Simon Smith-Wright's rating of the film Sightseers

Great black comedy with an amusing take on Britishness that makes it funnier and a great ending.

11. David R Williams's rating of the film Sightseers

With this, A Field in England, and Kill List, I do believe Wheatley is in the process of reinventing the horror film eschewing cheap jump scares and overly used CGI in favor of a growing sense of dread and an escalation of darkness, grabbing hold of viewers and dragging them into the mouth of madness. That it is also quite hilarious is just bonus. Fucking brilliant.

12. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Sightseers

I wonder what Mike Leigh thinks of this updating of Nuts in May, complete with doppelgänger dogs named after Keith’s instrument of choice and Happy-Go-Lucky’s main character. Chilling X-ray of the seething murderousness in so many contemporary English hearts.

13. olikim's rating of the film Sightseers

laying bare the guts of what might otherwise seem as a normal holiday trip

14. chris_arms's rating of the film Sightseers

Really enjoyed this movie, black comedy all the way. Remind me of some of the characters in the original office sitcom, but much much better. And the ending, totally unexpected and so appropriate!Laughed myself silly! Laughing days later

15. Will's rating of the film Sightseers

Felt like a British Flannery O'Connor story. The characters were wonderfully grotesque, and sickeningly funny. I loved the way they assumed the identities of the people they killed, and then got confused about that. I loved how grisly the violence was. I loved how fucking boring their holiday was. Poor Banjo/Poppy.

16. Kenneth Gentry's rating of the film Sightseers

"Are you sure this is what you want to do?"

17. sabrina's rating of the film Sightseers

IMO Ben Wheatley does it again, and although his films are all stylistically disparate, he maintains continuity of anxiety, awkwardness and audacity. This is likely one of my favourite dark comedies (maybe transcending the archetypal "dark") and the character dynamic and progression is super interesting.

18. Nicholas Gregory's rating of the film Sightseers

Its hilarious and creatively-humored, quite-quotable quotes, good central dark-humored concept, and playful uses of pop songs during some well-orchestrated montages hold up the rest. Sightseers is better in these parts than the whole, as it feels too loose in plot sequencing, and the characters are constructed for its non-centered plot-line and punchlines only. It's still an entertaining, if largely purposeless film.

19. Dada Kubin's rating of the film Sightseers

A comedy as black as a pool of dried blood. In the midst of blood shedding and broken skulls Sightseers manages to tell something essential about love relationships, at least of the first three months when sex is great and you feel you’re building something truly special, something no-one else can understand. Such relationships can end abruptly though.

20. Balthaz21's rating of the film Sightseers

21. Barajag's rating of the film Sightseers

It's quite disturbing to find myself laughing at murders. This movie is original and hilarious with a very dark creepy humor.

22. Fredrick Karlsson's rating of the film Sightseers

Equally funny as it is horrific!

23. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Sightseers

This couple of passive aggressives can be spotted any saturday afternoon at any mall worldwide... I think that's the scariest part of the movie.

24. FISCHER's rating of the film Sightseers

Malgré un humour british souvent dévastateur et pince-sans-rire, le film finit pourtant par s'embourber vaille que vaille dans ses redondances criminelles, perdre de sa mordante saveur et s'égarer en fin de compte dans l'impasse suicidaire d'un viaduc, avec un ultime pied-de-nez au foireux destin commun... www.cinefiches.com

← Previous 1 3 4 5