1. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Silence

A bit too "still" to be worth recommending, Silence does have a few nice moments here and there, but they're few and far between in a film that fails to adequately reward the patience of the viewer.

2. ajdehany's rating of the film Silence

Lushly understated both sonically and visually. He goes around, speaks Gaelic, stares out of a small window. I'm not sure what happens or why, and I'm sure it doesn't matter. A charming postcard from the wet country.

3. Kelly Jayne Jones's rating of the film Silence

4. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Silence

One of the few sucessful filmic discourses about the meaning of sound: Collins made a wonderful and somewhat enigmatic film about sound, voices, music and memory with sensuous pictures and beautiful sounds layers.

5. fearraigh's rating of the film Silence

An enthralling mix of documentary and formal experimentation that brilliantly undercuts the picturesque nature of the Irish landscape with an internalised exploration of sound. Few Irish films are like it and Pat Collins is a talent to watch.

6. Superfrog's rating of the film Silence

Starts a bit like the man with a deadcat at the end of a boom. Continues as a rather gripping tale considering the low explicit contents density. Also, I wish I could have bough a polarising lens for the filmmaker, I have photographed many of the same scenaries... I think the film would be amazing with an actually quiet projector. The soundscape was ruined with the now whiny power supply.

7. MARION's rating of the film Silence

Beautifully shot with a delicately crafted aural soundscape. Nature as protagonist dwarfing man as a cameo. Heartfelt nostalgia for the past and an intimated melancholy for the passage of time.

8. joshuagordon's rating of the film Silence

9. Sarah Pietsch's rating of the film Silence

Meditative semi-documentary, interspersed with black and white footage of days gone by. Calmly thought-provoking. One distressing moment (in the black and white footage), an incident with an unfortunate dog that has stayed with me. And I found it annoying that he drives around in remote places in a seemingly silent car, which is daft, car noise travels far in quiet places. Other than that, a lot of tranquil beauty.

10. anwoody's rating of the film Silence

Poetic and atmospheric but you've got to be in the mood for this one.

11. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film Silence

Playing nature sounds in cold galleries is not a hipster’s whim. Perhaps only in unnatural juxtapositions perception can awaken to aural sensations ignored in their organic sphere, because unconsciously many utter des Esseintes’ lament: nature as such lost all appeal. Cities’ grating, overlaying free-jazzy clatter engenders much too often an inner reattuning; whatever the actual sonic environment, ears are much half-

12. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Silence

...this one may offer something worthwhile if you have sufficient patience for its quietness. Full Review: http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.com/2014/01/silence-2012.html