1. carlajrzg's rating of the film Silent Hill

2. Mariana Mara Nascimento's rating of the film Silent Hill

playing it > seeing it. still, there were good bits. And the irony of Sean Bean, out of all people, surviving a horror movie.

3. Gonçalo Rosas's rating of the film Silent Hill

4 - All I got from this (well, from the first hour or so of this, before it all went to shit) was the distinct impression that Gans could have easily produced a good "Silent Hill" film, had he been given both free rein over the project and access to a cast and writer worth a squirt of piss. That this sits lonely atop the VG adaptation pile, on the sole dubious virtue of it being merely poor, approaches the tragic.

4. Sydney Burdick's rating of the film Silent Hill

The game was all types of amazing, the adaption, not so much.

5. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Silent Hill

A fascinating train wreck. The film nails its desired tone of depraved, s***-and-blood eroticism. The narrative trajectory is, of course you guessed it, obvious - but I'll ask this: what is the film saying about women here?

6. RoRoRoro's rating of the film Silent Hill

7. Evan Schafer's rating of the film Silent Hill

Although it has been quite some time since I played the original game, the imagery and storyline are very much in-sync with the story of the game. Radha Mitchell is captivatingly good and although much of the film relies on the spare nature of her surroundings, there are most definitely the "upstart" moments of action. The ending sequence where Alyssa kills all of her foes is particularly bloody. Very good film.

8. A.N.G.E.L.'s rating of the film Silent Hill

9. el.'s rating of the film Silent Hill

2/5. a very nice and atmospheric first half followed by a great big deterioration to utter boredom.

10. JasonAv's rating of the film Silent Hill

11. Zach Closs's rating of the film Silent Hill

Holy fuck, yes. Here's a film actually made with the game's fans in mind; misunderstood by critics, who I suppose expected more hyper-edited, gunplay-filled schlock, and weren't sure how to criticize this surreal mood piece. Gans handles everything with care -- the distinct sound of the music and it's unique implementation, the creepy, melancholy atmosphere, the deliberately slow pace, the creatures, the fog...

12. msmichel's rating of the film Silent Hill

Atmospheric, eerie and unsettling adaptation of the video game. Plotting a little weak on close examination but made up for by excellent production design and Gans visual sense. Performance by Radha Mitchell quite good for genre role and well supported by Laurie Holden, Jodelle Ferland and a very creepy scene stealing Alice Krige. Kudos to the always reliable Carol Spier. Sequel due later this year.

13. Sungboy's rating of the film Silent Hill

14. babyspooks's rating of the film Silent Hill

The ending was my favourite part. Seeing this film has also made me want to play the games!

15. Myles O'Mara's rating of the film Silent Hill

Ah, the reoccurring pseudo-unknowable ash dream world, filled with acid/ashen monsters, and a giant called "Him" or "the demon" wielding the world's largest knife, who also happens to control an innumerable population of bugs/insects that terrorize all outside the Church's sanctuary. So true. Brings me back.

16. Junda Mane's rating of the film Silent Hill

This is one of the most faithful video game adaptations ever made, and as a die-hard fan of the series this film is outstanding. The game lore is pretty dense & Gans did an impressive job trying to cram in the first 2 games into two hours. Also Gans vision here is mesmerizing, all the outstanding production design is lifted from the game as is the beautiful score from Akira Yamaoka himself. A misunderstood gem.

17. Starshine's rating of the film Silent Hill

18. Arf's rating of the film Silent Hill

19. Westley's rating of the film Silent Hill

Either you're going to love it or hate it. I loved it. This is some twisted stuff. Really great atmosphere. And the best part is I've never seen anything else like it. I've never played the video games, so I can't speak to how the film compares to those, but the film as a standalone piece of art really impressed me.

20. ElTigreNegro's rating of the film Silent Hill

Another atrocious movie based on a video game. Sorry but neither the soundtrack or the set designs can't save this one from a terrible script and even worse performances, along with the pointless gore. At one point a character appears and tells the audience she's about the explain the entire plot to us. For real, not even a Michael Bay movie has that much contempt for the audience.

21. Colan Belshaw's rating of the film Silent Hill

At least this film has brought us a decent soundtrack.

22. subtonal's rating of the film Silent Hill

I couldn't get through more than (at most) the first 30 minutes of this movie...a little girl screaming "silent hill! silent hill!" in her sleep? really?? that's the big story behind going to this remote town? a child is screaming it's name in her sleep? wow...and I'm perfectly fine with having not the seen the "stunning visuals" that were to come during the rest of the film..

23. Scotch's rating of the film Silent Hill

Nice visuals, but I was more creeped out by the weird anti-abortion undertones (culminating in the antagonist's death by barbed-wire up her vagina) than anything else in this horror film. Really. WTF.

24. IIIIIIIIIIIIII's rating of the film Silent Hill

Nothing like the games, but at least it looks really nice