1. Diego Ruscitto's rating of the film Silent Night, Deadly Night

2. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Silent Night, Deadly Night

The 1st half builds up the killer's psychosis and is quite strong, creating a depth to the character as well as a sense of impending tragic doom. One even feels sympathetic for him. While the violent scenes are inevitable in the 2nd half, they don't deviate from the contrived nature of body count slasher films. The most inspired horror scene is surely the grandpa opening, with the actual kills being very predictable.

3. film_lies101's rating of the film Silent Night, Deadly Night

It's all about that Granddad scene

4. Rocco's rating of the film Silent Night, Deadly Night

As far as absurd seasonal slashers go, this one takes the fruitcake. The film is surprisingly stylish and the fact that we spend so much time getting to know what makes the killer a killer before the blood starts flowing makes it highly unique in the slasher genre. Watching a beefcake Santa slaughter innocents is pure pleasure but there's a palpable pain and sadness to the whole thing that can't be ignored.

5. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Silent Night, Deadly Night

1984, dir. CHARLES E. SELLİER JR. - 6.7/10 (USA)

6. Zane Curtis-Olsen's rating of the film Silent Night, Deadly Night

Such a gloriously mean-spirited movie.

7. Manfred Matela's rating of the film Silent Night, Deadly Night

Sex, murder and bloody mayhem. What more could you ask for to spark the Christmas spirit? I enjoyed this movie way more than I would have expected. I can't say I would recommend it to the serious horror watcher, but if you're up for an entertaining slasher I don't doubt you'll enjoy it.

8. Rafael Fonseca's rating of the film Silent Night, Deadly Night

My Christmas sessions begin with this cheesy slasher horror flick that, like most, is unintentionally hilarious. With half the movie an origin story, a hysterical 80's montage, absurd deaths and way too much sex for 90 minutes, this is a full package of entertaining, gory, stupid fun. 3 stars for entertaining. The grandpa scene was really creepy tho. A campy cult classic. "Punish!"

9. Gerry Albert's rating of the film Silent Night, Deadly Night

(*Sung to the Tune of Twelve Days of Christmas) – In this X-Mas Slasher the director gave to me: *Twelve Gruesome Murders *Eleven Hapless Victims *Ten Goofy Orphans *Nine Bellows of “Punish” *Eight Year old sucky actors *Seven Deadly Weapons *Six Decent Death Scenes *Five Drunk-en Fools *Four Toy Store Murders *Three Dressed As Santa *Two Dead Parents And a sub par film to Black Christmas! houseofhorrorblog.com/

10. Joshua's rating of the film Silent Night, Deadly Night

"On the warm side of the do-or!" I've never thought of this as one of the greatest golden age slasher films, but credit shall be given considering the involved tale of a haunted young Billy as he tries (and fails) to readjust to life at Christmas. Sometimes awkward, usually fun, it's true that the Antler & Window scenes lack logic when it comes to hearing doors bursting but I can overlook this. "Merry Christmas Baby"

11. kerfuffles's rating of the film Silent Night, Deadly Night

Solid movie, but, holy shit, that montage of adult Billy adjusting to life outside the orphanage deserves about a dozen Palme d'Ors.

12. McNulty's rating of the film Silent Night, Deadly Night

I came in expected a cheesy horror 80s flick, but it was actually a good story! You almost have sympathy for Billy aka Santa Claus because of the fucked up childhood he had. Some nice bloody kills and plenty of tits make this fun for the whole family during the Occultic Holiday season where kids everywhere will sit on Satan's Claws ooops I mean Santa Clause's lap! Watch it now with your loved ones!

13. Horror Whore's rating of the film Silent Night, Deadly Night