1. EdieEmm's rating of the film Silent Nights

Morally and emotionally nuanced and complicated in a way that I wasn't always comfortable with. I spent the half hour cringing at the unmitigated codependence & wilful naivete of the female lead, and the frank, unapologetic ethical ambiguity of the man. Yet, awkward & messy as it was, it left me thinking - far more than many similarly-themed films have. A risky provocation, barely pulled off. Commendable, if flawed.

2. Roland Nicolai Fanega's rating of the film Silent Nights

Unfortunately very predictable and fell into the trap of every preachy, statement films made in the modern era. Does not offer any new insights to the social issues they cover and ultimately ends up being an eye roller more than anything. I wanted this to be good, but it let me down. The only aspect of the film worth praising is its cinematography: not flashy, but easy on the eyes

3. Steve Pulaski's rating of the film Silent Nights

Silent Nights is aggressively sentimental, absolutely, and at times overly preachy, and yet it manages to overcome such landmines by portraying its central character - a Ghanaian refugee - as complex as the issue of refugees itself. Affectionate performances and a desire to humanize the maligned and massively generalized individuals behind such a polarizing political debate aids Silent Nights immensely.

4. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Silent Nights

Felt three times longer, in a good way, and three times richer than most acclaimed feature films. Complex and subtle and true to how life feels. Very respectful to the characters, and us in the audience. True humanism.