1. Aardsy's rating of the film Silk Stockings

Horrible songs really move the story along...

2. bryanvmh's rating of the film Silk Stockings

"Does every woman who is kissed by you change her politics?... It's always your opinion, it's what you want and what you think. Everything I do is wrong and everything you do is right. You leave me nothing of my own. If that's your idea of love, yes, it scares the daylights out of me." There's a lot of potential in here for a reading contrary to its "more capitalism is better" politics.

3. William R Clark's rating of the film Silk Stockings

Cole Porter's insufferable lyrics weigh the score in the wrong direction. As if it wasn't all about the dancing - I would rank three numbers (Cyd's dress-up dance, the final duo dance, and Ritz RollnRock) very, very highly. Also, I wouldn't trade that absurd image of Peter Lorre for the world.

4. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Silk Stockings

5. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Silk Stockings

Own photos : --------- https://www.facebook.com/zyx.mhclaes/media_set?set=a.147656475290504.29127.100001384583310&type=3

6. marlonbrandodepressed's rating of the film Silk Stockings

luved the scene with cyd charisse getting dressed

7. Louise_Dietrich's rating of the film Silk Stockings

A bizarre musical featuring a way too old Fred Astaire looking tired. Cyd Charrise is the reason to see this. Jules Munshin also injected some much needed life. Peter Lorre was an odd choice.

8. petit astronaute's rating of the film Silk Stockings

2,5. on perspective, this musical remake of 1939 Lubitsch's Ninotchka fails to justify it's existence. The musical numbers work, most of the times, like fillers, albeit 1 or 2 of them being visually rich; the intelligent comedy —reason of the 1939 genius — is almost washed away, and it has a miscasted wonderful dancer (Cyd Charisse), and her "father" Astaire. It lacks in energy.

9. Aaken's rating of the film Silk Stockings

Excellent musical version of 'Ninotchka', Fred Astaire and Cyd Charisse are enchanting and bewildering with their dancing. Amusing bit part for Peter Lorre as one of the Russians who get tempted by the American way of life... That's (that was) Hollywood...