1. saitosouta's rating of the film Silver Bullets

Watching this deeply metafictional & unnerving film about filmmaking, I think Joe Swanberg want to become R. W. Fassbinder in American indie world. Maybe less compelling & powerful than him, but Swanberg also has skill to depict an essence of twisted love & its devastating aftermath. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND KATE LYN SHEIL IS ALWAYS SUPERB.

2. Warren Spratley's rating of the film Silver Bullets

Will write a review once I see it again as this is an intensely complex and multi-textured work, certainly the most manifold film I've seen by Swanberg. I will go ahead and state here though that I've not seen improvisation executed this beautifully in a long time.

3. Waxamillion's rating of the film Silver Bullets

Joe Swanberg is amazing at creating tension. Silver Bullets has moments of brilliance and moments that just don't need to be there. It could have done with 20 less minutes to tighten the story up a touch. It did feel like a student film, but a student film that you go, holy crap, this guy is going to do great things. All in all, worth seeing.

4. dominique s.'s rating of the film Silver Bullets

I really liked the music and the plot. The acting wasn't so great.

5. Weston Campbell's rating of the film Silver Bullets

An excellent movie replete with originality drawing parallels between latent sexuality, the act of performance, and werewolves.

6. Cheryl's rating of the film Silver Bullets

I liked this more than I thought I would. I agree with others who have posted here - acting was just so-so, but the music and plotline were entertaining. Not familiar w/Swanberg's work but might be interested in sampling more of it.

7. Ethan's rating of the film Silver Bullets

A good story that would have been better with better actors. I had no real sympathy for any of the characters, it is a good thing this movie only runs a little over an hour because any longer and it would have been worse.

8. Black Irish's rating of the film Silver Bullets

Three films in one year? Holy f***.

9. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film Silver Bullets

I have mixed feelings about l'oeuvre de Swanberg, but this is definitely one of his more interesting efforts, with some on-point self-interrogation and a very fine performance by Kate Lyn Sheil. Even the DFW interpolation at the beginning somehow isn't embarrassing. But I don't really care for Swanberg himself as an actor, and care even less for him when he's bathed in red light doing a Kubrick stare.

10. FailedImitator's rating of the film Silver Bullets

Not as good as I hoped it would be, but I'll be damed if that soundtrack isn't haunting.

11. Barboza's rating of the film Silver Bullets

12. Scout Tafoya's rating of the film Silver Bullets

This movie makes my day. Almost perfect look at how art and life mix with catastrophic results. A truly unique love letter to horror movies.