1. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Silvered Water, Syria Self-Portrait

2. Nabil Hamzaki's rating of the film Silvered Water, Syria Self-Portrait

"Syrians have made history's longest film. 1001 days. History's longest funeral. A hundred thousand lives...and a life."

3. FelicityDreamer's rating of the film Silvered Water, Syria Self-Portrait

A haunting poem that is ugly and harrowing and confronts my complacency which says "this will never to happen to me in my country". The images mixed with the music and narration are distressing and stunning. The experience of the film is alien to me as I cannot - perhaps will not - imagine this as anything other than remote to me.

4. firatssonmez's rating of the film Silvered Water, Syria Self-Portrait

The cinema come to exist in any forms. The film expressed itself within its own existance (war). The first hand video shots, torture clips, sound and image are nothing but the reminiscence of war. This film is not a propaganda, it is a window for others to see what is really happening inside.

5. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Silvered Water, Syria Self-Portrait

It was really hard for me to watch some scenes at times. Still unbelievable how this brutality can happen in this century. In the south border of my country... So close, so unbelievable, so sad yet true. Although I see everyday the people who had to leave their country in my hometown, it still seems so hard to believe.

6. ysbil's rating of the film Silvered Water, Syria Self-Portrait

A powerful film ! Poetry composed of desolating images, a victory of the mind over weapons and barbarism.

7. captainfez's rating of the film Silvered Water, Syria Self-Portrait

Faces of Death: the reality show.

8. Johnny Christiansen's rating of the film Silvered Water, Syria Self-Portrait

so hard to watch in so many ways and so very important in equally many. though sadly too many children already seen this, it's not for children and the fainthearted

9. mpho3's rating of the film Silvered Water, Syria Self-Portrait

"Cinema of realism ... of the marvelous ... of the murderer ... of the victim ... of the poetic. Fantasy. People and fish we want to topple the butcher. Do you think that words still have meaning? I wanted to be in danger so that I'd become one of my people." Neither sensational nor disrespectful, these images make the savagery of war impossible to repudiate, unlike migrants/refugees thwarted by borders and treaties.

10. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Silvered Water, Syria Self-Portrait

A distressing, and at times very graphic, look at citizens living through the war in Syria, this documentary uses footage filmed by those living in the devastated city of Homs. Not one I will likely revisit, and not one to stick on for an easy watch, but certainly worth at least one viewing.

11. Angus George Alexander Brown's rating of the film Silvered Water, Syria Self-Portrait

This film will never reach the audience that it needs to reach, and certainly not with the weight that it needs to reach them. Don't get me wrong, it is an immensely powerful film, but at the same time I wonder if it has really made a difference, or changed anyone's (including my own) mind. I hope so.

12. Hao Wang's rating of the film Silvered Water, Syria Self-Portrait

A great insight into the real lives of people living in a war-torn world.

13. David R Williams's rating of the film Silvered Water, Syria Self-Portrait

The poetry of terror and despair. If you can do nothing else, you need to shed tears.

14. andrine sæther's rating of the film Silvered Water, Syria Self-Portrait

sound good or bad, the pictures, filming or disturbing poetry or soundtrack, it is so terrible what is going on, the terror and suffering for so many people,

15. dannyjp1981's rating of the film Silvered Water, Syria Self-Portrait

"Take 1. Take 2. Take 3. Take 4. Take.... my heart." A gut wrenching and incredibly (necessarily) disturbing film comprising mobile phone combined with voiceover, music and recurring sound effects and motifs, grouped together in semi-related sections via the use of intertitles. It's not a traditional documentary by design. It's not like anything I've seen before.

16. Laura O'Brien's rating of the film Silvered Water, Syria Self-Portrait

This appropriately gut-wrenching look at the effects of the Syrian Civil war is an intense look at the lives of the poor souls afflicted by the war. It offers a unique structure, but still manages to convey the emotion that a traditional narrative for a documentary would hope to achieve. For an unusual look at the real horrors of war, this documentary can provide a moving but not heavily informational experience.

17. Superfrog's rating of the film Silvered Water, Syria Self-Portrait

These are civil war images with a guilt laden voice over. Problem is, they are out of context, you are never quite sure who is shooting. You are never quite sure who the people are either. And there has been a lot of discussable footage on all sides of the conflict. The form relies on narrative assumptions, discussable for many reasons in documentary setup.

18. elokitty's rating of the film Silvered Water, Syria Self-Portrait

very poetic and beautiful...very sad...obviously...but beautiful...

19. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Silvered Water, Syria Self-Portrait

(1.5 stars) FOR ME. Others might enjoy this quite a bit and I can certainly understand the "importance" of showing the inhumanity to man taking place in Syria. However, I have an extreme distaste for showing such real-life graphic violence and torture. It seems quite exploitative and somewhat disrespectful to show the actual footage of these deaths. You can "honor" their lives without committing their deaths to film.

20. Xin Tong's rating of the film Silvered Water, Syria Self-Portrait

It is a total shock for me.

21. Alp Yenibalcı's rating of the film Silvered Water, Syria Self-Portrait

Misery of the war and agony of the people who stucked in this never ending nightmare are shown in a effecting way. When it comes to war, maybe it's better to see it with low qualifed footages rather than seeing it with a high budget Hollywood type of war movie. It's more realistic.

22. Julientavitian's rating of the film Silvered Water, Syria Self-Portrait