1. nikolasminas's rating of the film Simple Men

2. Jane de Deus's rating of the film Simple Men

Not as good as Henry Fool or Ned Rifle, but still has that specific Hartley sensibility that is so comforting and 90s and analogue. Realize I am unapologetically analogue. Who says I have to follow trends of progress? There are many people who collect expensive antiques and rare books who respectfully live in the world they create for themselves without justifying their rotary phone to anyone.

3. zarathustra79's rating of the film Simple Men

Crime, cynicism, philosphy, poetry, romance and dance!! What else do you want???

4. Poor Margo's rating of the film Simple Men

good boys with bad attitude

5. nematomaranka's rating of the film Simple Men

time when american cinema could swallow good influences and take good directions in whateverness

6. Anastasia's rating of the film Simple Men

the sheriff is a goddamn poet

7. Jim Fear's rating of the film Simple Men

8. Eric Brightwell's rating of the film Simple Men

My first Hal Hartley film, which I've heard several people remark is not his best. It was, thus far, my last Hal Hartley film. I just can't imagine that someone who could make something this dull and yet so seemingly self-impressed would even at his best make something which I could enjoy.

9. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Simple Men

Diminishing returns at this point, but poignant nevertheless.

10. Ebru Yörükoğlu's rating of the film Simple Men

11. http://letterboxd.com/James_'s rating of the film Simple Men

12. Arisu's rating of the film Simple Men

i love Trust and Amateur (by Hartley) but this was mediocre...

13. Christina Themeli's rating of the film Simple Men

Δίνω 2 αστέρια για την σκηνή που χόρευαν και την μάχη μεταξύ μοναχής και μπάτσου.

14. Francesco Maria Carreri's rating of the film Simple Men

so entertaining, get worse near the end

15. Hazel Cills's rating of the film Simple Men

I couldn't get into this. It had great moments (like the cop and the nun fighting over a Virgin Mary medal!) but it was a tad too slow for me. I got 45 minutes in and gave up. Definitely far from Hartley's best.

16. © <',))( Astro-Tofupraxographer's rating of the film Simple Men

"I'm gonna make her fall in love with me. I'll do everything right. Be a little aloof at first. Mysterious. Seem sort of...thoughtful and deep. But possibly a bit dangerous too. Flatter her in little ways. But be modest myself. They all fall for that shit. Make her fall hopelessly in love with me. Yup. Mysterious. Thoughtful. Deep but modest. And then I'm gonna fuck her..."

17. Jesse Furgurson's rating of the film Simple Men

18. Obient's rating of the film Simple Men

"Be good to her, and she'll be good to you.". Refers to Virgin Mary medal originally, but I think it has universal meaning too. I like Mr. Hartley's sense of humour.

19. João Eça's rating of the film Simple Men

a mix of Godard, Jarmusch and Wes Anderson done by a 5 year old child, this film is suited only for pseudo-intellectual hipsters. what a bore...