1. kartina obskura's rating of the film Sin City

2. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Sin City

3. Eric Rucker's rating of the film Sin City

Visually interesting, and as an alternate reality experience due to the deft balancing of different registers within each shot and across the whole thing. BUT. Disgusting in human terms. I got the sense of a nod and wink from juvenile (thankfully, in this case) Rodriguez, but I get the sense that Miller is a disgusting human being and he knows it but can't admit it. He is the infantile yellow creep, inside and out.

4. Sacha Raphard's rating of the film Sin City

Esthétiquement, ça te pète les gencives à grands coups de tabouret. Ça a EXACTEMENT la même tête que les comics et putain ça fait plaisir. C'est hot, c'est glauque, c'est raunchy, c'est gore et ça fait un bien fou.

5. mac le mac's rating of the film Sin City

6. Anderesu's rating of the film Sin City

Best adaptación of a comic ever.

7. Elia Canevascini's rating of the film Sin City

3,5/5 È pur sempre un film tratto dai fumetti di Frank Miller, no?!

8. ammar's rating of the film Sin City

9. Ameille's rating of the film Sin City

10. Burcu Soygüzeloğlu's rating of the film Sin City

11. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Sin City

Sin City is a phantasmagoria of violence and sex. There is no substance and that is what makes it achieve greatness.

12. Monkey Flix's rating of the film Sin City

"Ultraviolent in the extreme" is an understatement.

13. Loz Loory's rating of the film Sin City

2.5 Saw this when it was released and did my best to sleep through as much as possible. "Ultraviolent" doesn't really do justice the level of violence. It was overwhelmingly, brutally, tortuously, sickeningly, dehumanizingly, relentlessly violent. It's also way too long. Then again, as some fellow pointed out, I wasn't the "target audience." So have fun, all you 18-34 year old males!

14. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Sin City

Holds up as the best visual translation of a comic book to film. Ever. Stunning detail is paid to mood and tone. It's eye candy with a punch to the jaw.

15. Max Chervin's rating of the film Sin City

Not only is this a great neo-noir film but also an incredible adaptation. Definitely exciting, sickening and fun

16. Finbar Somers's rating of the film Sin City

Sure it looks pretty, but that is all

17. wiwitaek's rating of the film Sin City

the only thing I like from this movie: it's cgi works. eye-catchy *slow claps*

18. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Sin City

Weird watching it again on MUBI. I don't think Willis and Alba had much chemistry, but the other two stories were pretty good. I thought Rourke's story stole the show, though. Perfect match of story and actor.

19. Samuel Wells's rating of the film Sin City

Over the top, gregarious, not in the good way. The film is unrelentingly childish in its celebration of gore and pretty women. It hides behind the sheen of arthouse black and white, but it never really can fool the viewer of anything higher minded than something out of a twisted mind of a pubescent comic book fanatic. The film certainly did not even attempt to properly explain the plot, leaving me saying "why" often.

20. corycorycorycory's rating of the film Sin City

One of the better comic adaptation visions. And it's also on the short list of comic movies that actually carries itself like a comic book. If you somehow skipped this, follow my instructions. Go buy the first four books on Amazon for like a $1, read them, and then watch the movie.

21. Aaken's rating of the film Sin City

Impossibly sleek and stylish, the trio of directors including the author of the graphic novel have produced a stunning film visually, with a strong and film noir tone which enhances the surreal atmosphere. Mickey Rourke makes a great return is just impressive and charismatic.

22. ceknklsn's rating of the film Sin City

23. mrfdzy's rating of the film Sin City

Beauty and Stylist B movie

24. Ethan's rating of the film Sin City

Robert Rodriguez changed the way comic book movies looked with this extraordinary film and showed us that we had the magic to make them come to life straight from the page.