1. ju's rating of the film Singles

2. spasmolytic's rating of the film Singles

Mudhoney, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, REM, Smashing Pumpkins. Check. Nirvana? Not a single mention, visual association, or sound clip of the band or any members thereof. It's just too bad Alice didn't follow their lead. I bet Crowe would've used Nirvana in this if he could too. He got away with it in Jerry Maguire with the little cover song, and there was also a Nirvana shirt. But neither in this.

3. Imagefix's rating of the film Singles

Has not aged well—remove the early '90s Seattle scene backdrop and it was always kind of meh rom-com—but Citizen Dick is forever.

4. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Singles

5. MarianneRenoir's rating of the film Singles

Because I love Campbell Scott.

6. tatalf's rating of the film Singles

7. Matthew Catanzano's rating of the film Singles

Why did they waste THE Seattle story on Crowe? WAY too laid back, Dillon is probably from what California? This is one of Dillon's better acting jobs, too bad he isn't in much of it. Dillon was the only believable character whatsoever and the plot was like a cobwebs made of air.

8. Ariel Rowan's rating of the film Singles

9. Ethan's rating of the film Singles

This is the ultimate yuppie love story. The coolest thing about this film is that Alice in Chains is the band performing in the club. Also this soundtrack is killer, it plays like a greatest hits of Grunge.

10. Trevor Tillman's rating of the film Singles

I love coming back to the company of these characters, the specificity of the Seattle scene that I was oblivious to while growing up there, and seeing Cameron Crowe, whose fingerprints are all over this, wear his heart on his sleeve. A time capsule of the early 90s, this story simply could not exist in the world of smart phones, social media and mp3s. Fascinating for this, and in its suggestion of Crowe's later work.

11. Kornovska's rating of the film Singles

Bonne petite comédie sympathique. Ce film va faire du bien à n'importe qui dont la vie amoureuse n'est pas parfaite (donc à quand même beaucoup de monde!). La trame sonore est excellente : vous allez peut-être même y reconnaître des groupes parmi vos préférés, alors qu'ils étaient à leur début!

12. smokescreen's rating of the film Singles

13. Ale/M's rating of the film Singles

14. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film Singles

**1/2, at most. I'm no protectionist of Seattle's (my longtime and current city of residence) vaunted aura, so I don't care about what the film "gets wrong" in regard to the town. What it's apparently ignorant of on life, love, and sex, though, is glaring and very unsatisfying on the film's philosophizing terms. Tiny hints of conceptual/cinematic cleverness mitigage SOMEwhat, but not nearly enough. It's pretty bad.

15. jody hoey's rating of the film Singles

16. Patrick Humphreys's rating of the film Singles

So 'Friends' totally ripped this off. 'Friends' is somewhat better, however.

17. Madame Psychosis's rating of the film Singles

18. HeadGEAR's rating of the film Singles

19. orangey's rating of the film Singles

feels awfully dated (grunge, really? ) and Kyra Sedgwick makes for one of the most annoying screen presences ever

20. Filipe F. Coutinho's rating of the film Singles

I'm just really, really, really into this movie -- unapologetically so. Fuck it. I love it.

21. Sean's rating of the film Singles

I was nowhere near your neighbourhood

22. PrincessofNevermore797's rating of the film Singles

23. VENIMOS LOS JODIMOS Y NOS FUIMOS's rating of the film Singles

Inexplicablemente incluida en la XXV muestra internacional de cine del año 1992, y a pesar del muy solvente reparto, la presente joyita resulta ser todo un ladrillazo para la paciencia del espectador. Tipica "friends comedy", esta madre le hace preguntarse a uno en el interior de la sala "¿que chingados tengo que estar viendo esta madre?". Lo màs cagado del asunto es que el director Crowe es considerado un Auteur.

24. Sofia's rating of the film Singles

such a fun movie. loved the soundtrack, the deeply random conversations and the vibe from high fidelity. oh man oh man :)