1. Paolo Utili's rating of the film Sinister

2. Auranee's rating of the film Sinister

Great first half. I liked the sound design and the "home videos," very chilling. Second half gets cheesy and boring.

3. sebekk's rating of the film Sinister

Apparently I've missed the extended cut edition ... Too bad :(

4. spasmolytic's rating of the film Sinister

Part of some new wave supernatural horror trend going on for a while now that I don't really get into that much. Too contrived, and I don't recall it having any real scares.

5. jenstor's rating of the film Sinister

everything kinda great? except last 30-40

6. Rocco's rating of the film Sinister

I'm not sure how any movie lover could hate this one. Not only is it practically ripe with sickness and dread, but it's bloated with delicious subtext frequently lacking in horror cinema. Though it's methods may be a tad inelegant, the film manages to work its ghastly magic nonetheless. The Conjuring is mere child's play in comparison. A minor and obviously misunderstood modern masterpiece of terror.

7. Word...Life's rating of the film Sinister

8. VivianDarkbloom's rating of the film Sinister

Don't talk to me or my son ever again

9. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Sinister

It's the 'Purple Rose of Cairo' of horror movies! As someone else correctly pointed out, the set design, lighting, and sound design is excellent. Many of the scares are not scary, but some of them are.

10. richardlawrn's rating of the film Sinister

Great script and very rich in details. I love the cliché 'moving to a new house and finding evil secrets' kinda thing. Scott did an awesome job here.

11. Rebecca Lynn Johnson's rating of the film Sinister

This movie has every cliche known in the horror universe, but it still got to me so 4 stars it is.

12. Matt's rating of the film Sinister

Like it much more than I expected; plenty of atmosphere, great visuals and genuine shocks!

13. Tibulle85's rating of the film Sinister

Le concept de base est génial, notamment pour ses potentialités meta-narratives (les films dans le film...). Mais le problème, c'est qu'on a bien du mal à croire à l'histoire au 1er degré: en quoi un père a-t-il besoin d'emménager TOUTE sa petite famille dans une maison où un meurtre atroce a été commis? Pourquoi reste-t-il amorphe plusieurs nuits d'affilée sans réagir? Les ficelles sont trop grossières...Dommage.

14. dominique s.'s rating of the film Sinister

The wife never stops screeching.

15. Stefano De Putti's rating of the film Sinister

Horror affatto male, ma che non riesce a sorprendere

16. Sơn Nguyễn's rating of the film Sinister

Bad script kill the whole movie!

17. josh scam's rating of the film Sinister

willing to defend this movie as a masterpiece

18. pieomy's rating of the film Sinister

once they introduced a supernatural side to the story I turned it off

19. J. O.'s rating of the film Sinister

Looking beyond the dumb character decisions and very poor ending, Sinister provides some genuine frights. The snuff films themselves are quite chilling, while the sound design is what really shines here - haunting and mesmerizing.

20. Ismael's rating of the film Sinister

those kids had a very strong Jonas Mekas background

21. traag-1's rating of the film Sinister

Fell apart once the supernatural reared it's ugly head. Was working perfectly as a serial killer bait film.

22. laurwaur's rating of the film Sinister

I didn't know Jon Brion did the soundtrack to this movie.

23. Violins By Night's rating of the film Sinister

24. Renton47's rating of the film Sinister

What's the price of friendship? For me it's watching stuff like this when I'd much rather be watching some 70's vid nasties which at least make me feel some sense of shock. The subtext here is too apparent for me to bother with the impacts of media and ownership on the suburban male psyche. I will say this got off to a good start and had a great sense of sound and soundtrack. Boards of Canada!

← Previous 1 3 4