1. Michael Diers's rating of the film Sister

Soziale Misere: Sogar in der Schweiz gibt es gesellschaftliche Verlierer, deren Schicksal in diesem hervorragenden Familiendrama dargestellt wird. Man fühlt jede Sekunde, wie engagiert alle Schaffenden an diesem Film gearbeitet haben

2. Klemens Mosmann's rating of the film Sister

3. Andreas Holz's rating of the film Sister

Stunning cinematography, incredible young actors, a perfectly fitting score and a story full of heart-breaking moments with interwoven critique of capitalist class society - it can't get any better than that.

4. cin·aes·the·tic's rating of the film Sister

The original title of the film is 'L'enfant d'en haut' ('The Child from Above'). That title works better for me, since to me the film is really from Simon's point of view. Louise is important, but only in relation to Simon. With the exception of a jarring twist, the plot itself is routine, but the film rewards the viewer's patience at the end. Kacey Mottet Klein and Léa Seydoux are both excellent in their roles.

5. Nick Potter's rating of the film Sister

Eerily reminiscent of the Dardenne brothers' The Kid With A Bike, but Ursula Meier's film brings something new to the table in its details. Arguably, the most significant thing that this film has is the remarkable turn by Lea Seydoux, who is able to convey so much through fairly sparse dialogue.

6. El Biffo's rating of the film Sister

7. Matthew Martens's rating of the film Sister

Semi-desultory, but its teeth are still in me. I only wish I had more to offer it.

8. Greg Shields's rating of the film Sister

So many poor movies to watch, but few are accurate portrayals of the poor in Western Industrialized society. Even rarer of economic disparity. So full of tenderness, in this uneasy backdrop of mistakes and bad choices, this tension. Poverty is so common in our 1st world, it is nice to see it celebrated. (Honestly, I had forgotten the alternate meaning of Sissy, once 2nd nature to think.)

9. Shane Schenck's rating of the film Sister

A reasonably entertaining movie. I loved the boys humorous yet nonchalant attitude. The boy, in this case, was more of an adult than his adult sister. The film also had beautiful scenery of the mountain scape. However, the film lacks in enjoyability. There are too many moments in this film where I felt unsure of what was happening and even in the end I felt the characters had little to no progress in the story line.

10. Aristia609's rating of the film Sister

11. Droog811's rating of the film Sister

Excellent French film about Simon and his sister and the trials and tribulations they must endure to get through life. The young actor who plays Simon holds the whole film together and an excellent and memorable finale leaves a lasting impression.

12. Jeremy Barker's rating of the film Sister

13. caitlin.f's rating of the film Sister

powerful, sad, making me feel lost myself at times. the end scene really hits hard.

14. Nicky Borda's rating of the film Sister

The ski mask gives Simon character because even though he covers his face, he is already never seen. Simon lives with his unactive twenty-something year old sister, Louise, who jumps from job to job and disappears with low life boys that mistreat her till she ends up back to ground zero in her one bedroom apartment with her little brother Simon. This film amazes me how a "young man" does so much for his age.

15. Matthew Harbin's rating of the film Sister

Well paced and well told, the characters do a great job in portraying the circumstances and setting of the movie, with excellent acting and a well-thought out story. While perhaps not quite as moving as it probably wanted to be, it still delivered an interesting dynamic between two interesting characters, and a lens into family and poverty.

16. Charlotte Couch's rating of the film Sister

I would start off by saying that I thoroughly enjoyed all the detail shots. The story line is something of a common situation and the actors/actresses give a very coordinated performance. I enjoy seeing Simon take the role of 'man of the house'. I feel that the soundtrack could have been a little more dark, adding to the story. The ending scene was one of the best, highlighting the idea that she'll always love him.

17. Hao Wang's rating of the film Sister

This “darkness” of this film is what makes it enticing. Ursula Meier with the assistance of Cinematographer (Agnes Godard) was able to deliver a well-paced and yet beautiful film that showed the side of unconditional love that's often unseen.

18. Christofer Aniel's rating of the film Sister

Sister is a thought-provoking movie about the dysfunctional relationship of a 12-year-old boy, Simon, with his “sister”. Although there is little explanation about Simon’s situation, the director does a remarkable job keeping the viewer interested in every scene. Simon wants change in his life. Gorgeous wide shots of the mountainside and exceptional acting. Music is sparingly used but well placed throughout.

19. Kevin's rating of the film Sister

First, I had to figure out who Jillian Anderson is compared to Jillian Armstrong, having not seen x-files. 2d, I had to square my familiarity of Agnes Varda with Agnes Godard, her cinematography recalls Varda, who films the same underbelly. My confusion did not harm this remarkable film that brings back the memory of so many others, even 400 blows. This film deserves attention, it reaches many goals.

20. Sebastian Reetz's rating of the film Sister

Great movie! Seydoux and Klein click very well. The push-pull of the relationships between characters and class are embodied in Meier's subtle and playful cinematography.

21. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Sister

(3.5 stars) An extremely bleak look at hopelessness and the urgent need for connection. Little brother is a thief and older sister is a whore. Both long for closeness that they might never find. It's a cold tale that offers few scraps of warmth. But ultimately worth the time.

22. James Mackin's rating of the film Sister

Well-acted film, predictable twist.

23. uenus's rating of the film Sister

ver esa foto me dan ganas de vmitaR

24. Esteban Chavez's rating of the film Sister